Whats your choice of rifle

Kybowhunter64

What is everyones go to name brand of deer hunting rifle? Ive been looking at several brands of the 6.5 creedmoor but dont have a clue which would be the best i should go with

Deerhunter

I'm a Savage fanboy, not always the prettiest but they almost always are great shooters. I'm gonna give Tikka a try one of these days.

TNRifleman

I have two different hunting rifles in 6.5CM that both shoot 1/2" groups with factory ammo. One is a Tikka T3X Lite and the other is a Bergara B14 Timber. If you are looking for something light with a synthetic stock I would recommend the Tikka. Outside of that, I would go Bergara all day long. The Timber sells for around $725 but honestly feels like a $1200 rifle. The fit and finish is spot on and the wood stock is gorgeous. The factory trigger is REALLY good as well. It is about a pound and a half heavier than my Tikka but it is the one that always seems to find its way to the stand with me.

MUP

My choice for years has been my Rem Mod 710 in 30-06. Used corkokts in it for years, then I started handloading and it really came to life, shooting sub .750 MOA groups at 100 yds with 150gr Nosler Accubonds and AA4350 powder. I have several other rifles that I wouldn't hesitate to take to the woods right now, but my most used is the 06.

rtaylor

Right now I usually grab my Tikka. I've got several shooters from an assortment of different makers. I grab the Tikka because it shoots tiny groups and is light as a feather.

Urban_Hunter

I've converted to a savage believer. Dollar for dollar I don't believe there is a comparison for an "out of the box" rifle. My Savage 10 PC I bought to rebarrel to make it a bench rifle, but it shot so much better than my 700 that I flipped roles and will be putting a remage barrel on the 700 instead. It's right at 1/2 moa before true load development.

The best deer rifle ever made is no longer in true production though, the JM 336 35 Remington [emoji6]

JimFromTN

I will admit it since everyone else seems too ashamed. My go to brand and model is the Rem 700. I bought a stainless rem 700 in 270 with a timney trigger installed from a member here. It shoots sub-moa with 150gr corelokts all day long.

jhardy

Before this year I was a remmington 788 in a .308. Great rifle. But wanted a newer rifle to hunt with. Ended up with a savage model 11 trophy predator xp In a 6.5 creedmoor. And I love it so far. And they have a 100 dollar mail in rebate.

280longshot

If you like the beauty of wood I'm going to say Bergara B14 Woodsman, or Timber. If you want a lighter rifle Tikka lite stainless for all weather, they both shoot very well.
In my opinion the Bergara looks, feels better. I just recently purchased one and if it shoots like my Tikka I see other purchases in the future. I may sell my Remington's , well maybe one at least.

Kybowhunter64

Ive been looking at the Tikkas, Sako, and a few other brands. Has any of you fellas owned or shot any of the Weatherby rifles? Ive looked at a few of those also