What's with the ok sign????

pressfit

pressfit

Watched a guy pull his hand out of a large mouth basses mouth.. like he was retrieving a lure.. but instead he made the ok sign..?? I thought how flipping stupid.. then last night I watched a kid up wrap about 5 boxes to get to his present .. finally in the last box.. it looked like he was getting a iPhone but instead a picture of a ok sign.. once again I thought how stupid.. what am I missing here??

MUP

MUP

Supporter
Are you talking about the "gotcha" deal, when someone holds the "OK" sign up and gets you to look at it? Just a game I reckon. My family does this on an ongoing basis LOL
Mostly during family get togethers. :D

monsterbuck07

monsterbuck07

As a high school teacher, I cannot stand this game. Kids do it to one another, and honestly there is nothing interesting about it.

arctic_cat

arctic_cat

when I was growing up people would do it and if you looked at it they got to punch you in the arm. Has to be made below the waist. Pretty much just a game kids play to mess with there friends. Pretty harmless and I guess it has taken off again lately because I see it online all the time.

Tennessee280

Tennessee280

arctic_cat":375wcg3n said:
when I was growing up people would do it and if you looked at it they got to punch you in the arm. Has to be made below the waist. Pretty much just a game kids play to mess with there friends. Pretty harmless and I guess it has taken off again lately because I see it online all the time.

x2

T

THEdonkey0515

Tennessee280":j5p32fuz said:
arctic_cat":j5p32fuz said:

x2
X3

I remember playing this when I was in middle school. Pretty fun at 9-12 years old to pass time in school. Faded away shortly after first I've heard about the game since then must be making a comeback.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Got all of you

Attachments

• 20171227_135442.jpg
    20171227_135442.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 766
huntinkev

huntinkev

I've never heard of this. I do remember the ok sign and getting punched back in grade school, in the '80's. Sort of like a slug bug and getting punched.

Didn't know it was a thing. I must be out of touch with the hip stuff.

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

huntinkev":lf5df7dx said:
I've never heard of this. I do remember the ok sign and getting punched back in grade school, in the '80's. Sort of like a slug bug and getting punched.

Didn't know it was a thing. I must be out of touch with the hip stuff.
x2 Thats what I remember. You tried to get our buddy to look at it so you could slug him one in the arm.

Ladys man

Ladys man

THEdonkey0515":1x60k5a9 said:
Tennessee280":1x60k5a9 said:
arctic_cat":1x60k5a9 said:

x2
X3

I remember playing this when I was in middle school. Pretty fun at 9-12 years old to pass time in school. Faded away shortly after first I've heard about the game since then must be making a comeback.

X4

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
People are clueless when it comes to the OK sign and also the 3 point basketball sign, they have no idea when they are being insulted.

Do this. Using your right hand make the OK sign or 3 point sign with your hand up and 3 fingers pointing toward the celling. Now leaving all your fingers in place bring your arm down sweeping it in front of your chest. The circle should be pointing away from you in front, the other 3 fingers should be pointing toward your left and palm up.

Now using the American Sign Language keeping your hand like that and pointing the circle toward someone then you are calling that person an ... ....

Crow Terminator

Crow Terminator

Yep it's just a game. I've been outta school 20 years and it was popular back then. Had to be below the waist or it didn't count.

Kind of a modern version of punch bug with the Volkswagen beetle.

D

deer hunter 21

I think it's funny when I read these kinds of things because when we where all kids we did lots of stupid stuff and the adults looked at us like we were stupid and now that we are getting older we are doing the same thing.

WTM

WTM

Supporter
rem270":wwtw4ba6 said:
Got all of you

i put my finger in it so i get to hit you 2 good licks in the arm, unless you held it above the chest then it 10 good licks.

lol we played that game as kids 40 years ago. must be a comeback because my DIL’s uncle from Dumlap got caught holding it in the family Christmas photo.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
WTM":27hlh301 said:
rem270":27hlh301 said:
Got all of you

i put my finger in it so i get to hit you 2 good licks in the arm, unless you held it above the chest then it 10 good licks.

lol we played that game as kids 40 years ago. must be a comeback because my DIL’s uncle from Dumlap got caught holding it in the family Christmas photo.
LMBO we played it in school 12-15 years ago. Fun times. I had forgot about breaking grabbing and breaking it and you getting the lick on other guy. Fun times lol. I still do it to this day.