What year did you start going hunting?

deer hunter 21

1995 my friend and his dad took me and I seen 4 deer and was hooked. I started hunting my grandfather's farm and I was the only person in my family that had any interest so I had alot of trial and error and read every book I could back then, so I was all pretty much self tought and I love it as much today as I did then, also still learning something every season.

Uncle Jesse

It was 1982 when my Dad let me shoot my first Shotgun. I was 5 and it was an exposed hammer OU with a 22 on top and 20 gauge on the bottom. The stock was too long and he didn't notice I had it under my armpit instead of on my shoulder. When I shot the gun kicked back enough that the hammer went into my cheek just below my eye. Got 5 stitches and a scar that's still visible today

As soon as I healed up we went to Ray Judge's gun shop and bought me a new H&R 410 and had Ray to cut it to fit me

TN1BUCK

Uncle took me rabbit hunting all the time, switched to deer in the late 70's. I now know how much trouble I was to make those trips happen. He was a great man, gone now sure do have a reel full of memories. By the way we never even saw a deer. That night standing in front of his coffin, my whole hunting life flashed in front of my eyes. He lit the spark that is now an ember. I hope I can one day return the favor. I buy all my nephews and nieces life time license. Got a nephew showing interest. Time will tell.

dhpro

I am am just guessing because I hadn't started to school yet when my dad started taking me. Which would mean it was probably 1965 or 66. I remember he let me carry my grandfather's single shot 22 and it was longer than I was tall. I still have that gun. The ejector and firing pin are completely worn down now. My grandfather had it when he was a kid and he was born in 1895. My grandfather is long gone and lost my dad about 3 years.
But that rifle brings back years of memories
Deer around November 1979 Small game around 1976

Latest posts