• Help Support TNDeer:

What would you of done?

Ladys man

My plan was to hunt for last time this morning then call it a year, been a rough year for me only 1 deer in the freezer. But about 2am wife wake me up saying you can’t go hunting in the morning had a really bad dream and dnt want you to go. She wouldn’t tell me what is was as she believes if you tell before a certain time it will come true. I have a lot more to get done around the house but really wanted to go. But against my better judgment I stayed in.
So should I have went or make the right call?

eddie c

Sometimes you just have to listen to someone's intuition.
I have them sometime. For instance on December 12, I started to go hunting, something told me not to. 4 hours later my daughter is involved in a car wreck and had a bad panic attack. I was the only person that could calm her down. Luckily I was only a mile away instead of 50 miles away in the woods.

Lost Lake

Supporter
Raining like crazy here, so I’d not have missed much. A tough call either way. If she was genuinely frightened, then I’d have respected her wishes.

Snake

Supporter
Ask her not to say anything before a certain time...and go hunting..

You've been had...lol
She was just wanting her hubby to be safe , or not ... who knows what women want at times. Like MUP said you win some lose some . My younger years she mostly lost now I just don't really care as my desire to hunt is diminishing.

Tenntrapper

She was just wanting her hubby to be safe , or not ... who knows what women want at times. Like MUP said you win some lose some . My younger years she mostly lost now I just don't really care as my desire to hunt is diminishing.
Don't overthink this..lol
He said that she believed that "if she said anything before a certain time, then it would come true". Well, don't say anything...all is good, correct?

Kind of like when I was a kid..

Me: Mom, my arm hurts when I move it like "this".
Mom: Well, don't move it like that!

Edit to add..if my wife didn't want me to do something, I probably wouldn't. My wife would probably hurt me

philsanchez76

Id ere on side of listening to the wife. Although, if she conveniently had dreams every time you were about to go hunt, Id be more suspicious. haha

EastTNHunter

A few things:

I don’t buy into premonitions and superstitions, but I have had disturbing dreams that I wake up from and feel like they really happened. I’ve had to reach over to touch my wife just to make sure that she was still there, or walk up the stairs just to check on the kids. Sometimes they can stay with you for a day or two, so if my wife asked me to stay home I would honor that wish... but it may be tough. If my wife has woken up before I left to hunt then it must be a pretty serious dream.

Secondly, I would probably ask her to “convince me to stay,” or at least “convince me that I made the right decision,” if you know what I mean. I love to hunt, but some things in life are better...

ImThere

My wife does these premonitionsOr whatever you wanna call it feelings thoughts whatever but she is correct like 99.98% of the time when she says something I’ll go with it creeps the **** out of me me

Crow Terminator

My wife does these premonitionsOr whatever you wanna call it feelings thoughts whatever but she is correct like 99.98% of the time when she says something I’ll go with it creeps the Poop out of me me
Now that is interesting. My wife says the same thing about me on things like that.

I will do that when I'm in the woods hunting from time to time. Be exactly where I want to be, and then something tell me I need to be in a different stand or place...and it wont quit nagging at me until I get up and move. 9 times out of 10 I will kill a deer when I do that, and two of them have been my biggest bucks.

Mag

There are no deer moving at all today. You wouldn't have seen anything anyway. There, feel better ? lol

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts