What will you be shooting for muzzleloader?

Scioto

I'm giving up on my modern in-line "mulekicker" in favor of a return to my old (but more accurate) smokepole this year. I hunt the ridges and hollows and probably won't have more than a 50 yard shot. The smokepole is just as deadly and accurate as the mulekicker at that distance and I simply trust myself more with that rifle over the TC Impact.

I'll be shooting a replica "Ohio rifle" (shorter barrel than a long rifle of that era, 36" vs. 43"-44" or longer) made by my brother in Virginia who has been making and selling smokepoles for several years now. He specializes in Southwestern Appalachian, Tennessee, and Kentucky rifles that would have been produced by German and Scots-Irish gunsmiths in the then western frontier of 1760s-1820s. Check out his blog at Augusta Gun Works and Forge if you are so inclined. I'll be shooting a .50 cal round ball, using 65 grains of black powder (FFg), down that 36" barrel with a 1:48 twist.

I'm psyched.

TNGal

Thompson Center Omega Dream season 250GR. Powerbelt 100 Grains (2 pellets) pyrodex
Husband Thompson Center Triumph Bone Collector 250gr. Powerbelt 150 (3 pellets) pyrodex

Brisco Darlin

T/C white mtn. carbine .50cal. 80 grs goex under a 385 grain hornday great plains bullet.
Been getting the job done since 1990 so i ain't changing it.

Latest posts