Food Plots What to spray clover plots with ??

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Clethodim for grasses and 2-4-DB ( NOTICE THE "B") for broadleaf in clover

Also add non-ionic surfactant so the chemicals cling to the weeds and grasses.

For the things this does not get (and there are some) fertilize your clover and mow weeds before they make seed. Sedges are the worst since they spread by tuber and seed and any chemical that will kill them will also kill the clover. I am thinking about a narrow cone to spot spray some with.

tellico4x4

Basagran will kill the sedges and not the clover. Can be tank mixed with 24DB as well using a 1% solution of crop oil. Just finished about 30 acres of clover with it. Be prepared to do some spot spraying later on as nutsedge often takes a couple of shots to kill.

Monk74

Just sprayed my plot with Clethodim yesterday. How do y'all feel about dawn dish soap as a surfactant?

Monk74

Gave my plot a good drenching last Sunday 4/24. First time using Clethodim. I know it takes a little longer to see results but 8 days in and I'm seeing zero change. Mixed at 1 ounce to the gallon. I did use dish soap as a surfactant at a row crop farmers suggesting. Gonna give it another week then use a real herbicide surfactant Anyone had the same thing happen? My 2-4DB should arrive this week

Hunter 257W

Gave my plot a good drenching last Sunday 4/24. First time using Clethodim. I know it takes a little longer to see results but 8 days in and I'm seeing zero change. Mixed at 1 ounce to the gallon. I did use dish soap as a surfactant at a row crop farmers suggesting. Gonna give it another week then use a real herbicide surfactant Anyone had the same thing happen? My 2-4DB should arrive this week
Yeah, it takes a while to kill the grass. Every time I use it, I'm thinking I wasted my time and money then one day I go to the field and the grass is browning up and dyeing.

JCDEERMAN

Yeah, it takes a while to kill the grass. Every time I use it, I'm thinking I wasted my time and money then one day I go to the field and the grass is browning up and dyeing.
I always have the same feelings, but then one day you can tell it did its job. Just takes a little time

Monk74

I was surprised yesterday by how fast I'm seeing results from the 2-4DB. 24 hours later the small iron weed are curled up already.

tug

I used a mix of 24DB, Imox, and Cleth with a surfactant. Sprayed 11 days ago when it was 75 degrees. Mowed to clover top heighth about 5 days ago. Results of the herbicides just now showing up.

Latest posts