What time?

First orda of biness

If you had to pick a time in relationship to "daylight", what would you say is the first time of morning you might hear a gobble and what time would you say is typical fly down time?

Andy S.

Here in SW TN on daylight savings time central time zone, birds typically start limb gobbling 5:50 - 6:05 and are on the ground in hardwoods by 6:20. With that said, yesterday morning I heard my first and only bird start gobbling at 5:27 in the pitch black dark, and he was on the ground at 6:12 in the hardwoods, about 100 yards from me. For more open fields or clearcut, I suspect you could subtract 5-15 minutes from my "typical" observations thus far this season.

What part of the State are you in?

First orda of biness

Here in SW TN on daylight savings time central time zone, birds typically start limb gobbling 5:50 - 6:05 and are on the ground in hardwoods by 6:20. With that said, yesterday morning I heard my first and only bird start gobbling at 5:27 in the pitch black dark, and he was on the ground at 6:12 in the hardwoods, about 100 yards from me. For more open fields or clearcut, I suspect you could subtract 5-15 minutes from my "typical" observations thus far this season.

Haywood Co. - West Tennessee

Carlos

Very keen of you to include the time zone, not many would have thought of that.
Same time zone here, same observations as well, except for what you said about yesterday.

Latest posts