What rifle is this?

ROVERBOY

I've got
You can get an aftermarket trigger (Timney, others) with a safety like the rem 700. Either put the bolt in the "fire" position, or replace the bolt shroud to one without the safety.
I got 2 sportered Mausers. I put Timney safetys on both of them. They work great. One rifle had a bolt alteration done, with new bolt handle, and the other one, me and a friend heated it and bent it to work with a low scope. It takes a lot of bending to get it to clear but, works fine. The rifle with new bolt handle I put a Bold trigger on it, and the one with bent handle has original trigger that's been altered.

Tenntrapper

I've got

I got 2 sportered Mausers. I put Timney safetys on both of them. They work great. One rifle had a bolt alteration done, with new bolt handle, and the other one, me and a friend heated it and bent it to work with a low scope. It takes a lot of bending to get it to clear but, works fine. The rifle with new bolt handle I put a Bold trigger on it, and the one with bent handle has original trigger that's been altered.
I could be wrong, but I think they also make a bolt shroud that incorporates a win 70 style safety. Not that this is a cheap option...but pretty sure its available. They also make an offset safety lever that you can replace the original with...this option needs to be fitted.
Ive done a few Mauser sporters. My opinion....just invest in something else. You will sink way more money in one than you will ever realize if you decide to sell.

ROVERBOY

Yeah, the bolt shroud alteration is better actually. I started to go that route. It's more expensive and unless you switch out the bolt shroud, there's some machining to do.

Latest posts