What is your pinnacle achievement as a hunter?

fairchaser

I'm not sure if it's happened. I'd like to think it hasn't. But I've had some pretty awesome moments in the outdoors. I killed a really big deer. Made some great shots that were pretty awesome including a neck shot on a running elk with a ML. Taught my sons to excel in the outdoors and become better than me in many ways. But I have some other goals before I'm finished.

1. I want to kill a 5.5 year old buck that scores over 130. I've killed younger bucks that have scored more and older bucks that have scored less but not both.
2. I'd like to kill a bull moose.
3. I'd like to make a killing shot over 300 yds.
4. I'd like to have a perfect deer season with no woods whammys.
5. I'd love to help my grandsons to get their first deer.

That Cape buffalo at 10 steps would be pretty cool too.

Jmed

So far the most challenging hunt for me was shooting a pronghorn with a bow in open terrain. But my greatest accomplishment was getting my daughter in the woods, In fact, my greatest claim to fame is how great my kids are despite the hellion I was as a youngster.

Grnwing

So far the most challenging hunt for me was shooting a pronghorn with a bow in open terrain
That had to be pretty awesome! That is on my bucket list, done it with a rifle and mule deer with a bow but haven't shot a speed goat with my bow.

Hunter 257W

I can't say that I've achieved any single pinnacle as a hunter. Maybe the 1st over 400 yard (435 yards) groundhog shot would count since varmint hunting is what 1st clicked with me and guns as a young teen. I had to wait until I was 28 to be able afford a rifle that would perform shots like that so that made it so much more valued when I finally did it. The only other event I can think of would be when both myself and my cousin finally got a deer the same day this year on November 20. I got a doe and he got a buck about an hour later. That made it special because both of us got to celebrate on the same day. Also my 1st cast bullet deer this year was a milestone event.

tickweed

I would say I personally have two that I'm very proud of. First my non-typical, which was the thrill of a lifetime. However with that being said, duck hunting was always my number one passion. Even as a kid. I was finally able to buy a decent duck hunting spot, which my daughter enjoys with me along with many friends. That would be my proudest accomplishment of all.

Winchester

Far from achieving it all but I have been blessed so far. P&Y Whitetail bucks with my Bow, Bull Elk with Bow, Mule deer buck with Bow, Jack rabbits and Sage hens with Bow, Hogs with Bow, etc. I would still love to go on a African Safari for the big 5 but unless I hit the Lottery dont see it happening.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Sadly due to father time I am on the backside of the pinnacle.
Looking back though, upon reading the question, this was the first thing that popped into my mind.

fishboy1

For me it was learning that nobody really cared if I was a good hunter or got skunked. Nobody really wanted to hear me talk about "my big buck". The allure of whopper bucks paled in comparison to good times and great memories with cherished friends. Understanding that putting arbitrary value on a deer took something away from hunting. Made it competitive, less spiritual, less enjoyable. And, in the end, nobody really cared if I shot a whopper or not so all the competitiveness, and ego driven sacrifice was for naught. That is my pinnacle achievement, enjoying the hunt for the wonderful opportunity it is regardless of success Especially when shared with friends.

JayMan

For someone who never grew up around hunting and just recently started, it is just to be able to fill a freezer for my family every season and enjoy nature. Plus it gives us plenty of reason for range time!

BAMA BOW MERKER

Getting to take my pops! My Dad was always there for me as a Christian, a father, a coach, a hunter, and many other roles. My personal greatest accomplishment is being able to put him on a deer when he comes up to visit each year on thanksgiving. It's the highlight of my year. Two years ago in the 15-16 season, he was able to take a nice 8 point and 4 does in one week. I didn't even get a shot at anything all week, but that was still my greatest week ever hunting and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

bluball

Since 2010,14 pointer with muzzle loader,14 pointer with a crossbow,12 pointer with gun,12 was a 13 the week before,had 3 eye guards on one said and one was broke when I got him.The last 2 years I've carried my buddies son alot and haven't hunted much myself.His family owns the land I hunt on and he's always working so I carry his boy.I have really enjoyed the time spent with him in the woods and he's got a couple nice bucks which has made it even better.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Headhunter

The best memories of all my hunting, are when I am able to help others. Whether helping with equipment guns, scopes, reloading or bows or whatever, hanging stands (many that know me think I am part monkey when they see me climb) or helping to pick a spot out to hunt or taking care of a deer after it is killed. I enjoy passing what little i know to others and many times I end up learning something I never knew.

Winchester

Ruger hit it pretty good, watching both my boys kill their first deer and continuing to be blessed enough to hunt with them and my Dad are as good as it gets in the end!!

Lynchburg Tee

bloodtrailing":32i19dwr said:
I was about 13 and was on an opening day dove hunt. I was in a good spot the birds were using to come into the field. I pretty much plugged that hole hitting doubles and limiting out pretty quick. I was in a zone. I had people coming over to meet me and see who put on the wing shooting display. That was fun.

A hot streak on a dove field is a wonderful thing :super:

Latest posts