What is your favorite Christmas gift of all time?

foodplot

foodplot

For me it was not the most expensive gift i have ever received....
When i was 13 i got a H&R 12ga single shot shotgun...probably cost $50 to $70 in 1978....?
I remember getting to go squirrel hunting that afternoon....i did get to shoot one that evening...I carried that gun a lot of miles.....
I can remember carrying that same gun a few years later on a gun rack in the back window of my truck to SCHOOL... parking in the parking lot and not locking the doors and nobody thought a thing about it.....how times have changed....

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Probably a Winchester model 37A youth 20 gauge single shot.
Still have it.
Killed my first squirrel with it.
About 30 years later my son killed his first with it.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

TNReb

TNReb

Supporter
Probably got the most joy as a kid out of the original Nintendo when I was 4 or 5.

Otherwise, I have my dad's .22 he gave me when I was around 10. He doesn't even remember giving it to me and thinks it's still his. It stays at his house. :D

He also gave me a Winchester .30-30 a couple years later. It's still one of my favorite guns.

Those are the 3 gifts that really stick out.

foodplot

foodplot

RUGER":y2mrs96x said:
Probably a Winchester model 37A youth 20 gauge single shot.
Still have it.
Killed my first squirrel with it.
About 30 years later my son killed his first with it.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

thats awesome!

TN Larry

TN Larry

Supporter
This one will probably never be topped. I got a Marlin 30-30 when I was 10 and killed my first deer with it at 11. I passed it down to my son when he was 6, and he killed his first deer with it. This gun will never be sold, and I really hope that if I am blessed to have a grandson or granddaughter one day that he or she will kill their first deer with it.

What made that gun so special is that I know that my Dad had to pinch pennies to buy me that gun. He worked hard in a factory, grew tobacco, dug ginseng, etc. so that my Mom could stay home with my sister and I before we started school. We never came close to going without but didn't have a lot of extra "want" items either.

M

mike243

Granddaughter 3 days late for Christmas but I still count her ,she turned 11 today :tu:

F

fullstream

Supporter
My wife saying yes when I asked her to marry me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

R Crabtree

Cool thread!

Winchester Model 70 featherweight in .243 when I was nine. That would have been 1982 I think. Best Christmas morning ever! Still have the paperwork...

My son is 8 so it's almost time to pass it on.

D

DMD

My wife bought me a Remington model 710 30-06 about 15 years ago. She scrimped and saved to buy it. I have killed a boatload of deer with that rifle.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

B

bowhunterfanatic

A Browning a-Bolt 7mm-08. It wasn't the first gun I was given as I learned at a young age that asking for guns was a great idea, but it's by far my favorite rifle and will never be parted with.

Mudbone

Mudbone

Having my dad still here for this Christmas even tho we weren’t able to hug him or hardly be near. A tiny cold will kill him. I pray to Jesus I’m wrong but I think I just spent my last Christmas with him. He has fought so long for us. I believe he could die when he feels like it, but he keeps fighting for us even though his quality of life is awful. He knows how much we need and love him.
My hero!

Attachments

• E3116096-E781-4873-BE0F-671A5EBD37AA.jpeg
    E3116096-E781-4873-BE0F-671A5EBD37AA.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 634
Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

The Hot Wheels track with the loops and the cars jumped into each other. That thing was BA!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

encore06

encore06

Mudbone":2op6e6vx said:
Having my dad still here for this Christmas even tho we weren’t able to hug him or hardly be near. A tiny cold will kill him. I pray to Jesus I’m wrong but I think I just spent my last Christmas with him. He has fought so long for us. I believe he could die when he feels like it, but he keeps fighting for us even though his quality of life is awful. He knows how much we need and love him.
My hero!
Life is a gift we often take for granted. So sorry Chris that your father's health is not getting better. My son's girlfriends's grandmother passed away Christmas Day. She was a mighty women of God and was ready to go.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Mudbone":16lm46u2 said:
My hero!
Can't imagine how you feel bud :(

foodplot

foodplot

Mudbone":24b827fp said:
My hero!

Yeah i know what u are talking about....my dad is in bad health also i consider each day a gift... thanks for sharing and prayers for your dad sent!

B

BigRod

My salvation, when I was in 7th grade, we went to the church Christmas play. Little country church on the road I grew up on. The play was "the Christmas guest" by grandpa Jones, I sat in that pew, as something pulled at my heart strings, and I began to cry. It was that Christmas that will always stick out in my mind the most.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OG5MmIH_N0

P

Piddler

R.I.P.
A wind up bull dozer with rubber tracks. That was probably over 75 years ago.