What Is Your Favorite 9MM Pistol To Shoot???

KPGman710

Hi,
Think most of us have a 9MM for different reasons.
Wondering what is your favorite?
For me it is my HK USPC 9MM! ( with HK45C Mag Release upgrade,Spur Hammer install and left hand Thumb Safety)

DaveTN

Easy choice. My S&W Model 39-2. A "Poor mans Hi Power"
I've had both. I got rid of all my 9's in the 90's. I had a beautiful Belgium Browning Hi-Power and a S&W Model 39. I'd like to have a Model 39 again just for nostalgia if I ever found one with a reasonable price on it.

In 2016 I bought a M&P 9 Performance Center gun for a target gun since most of my carry guns are M&P's in .40. Worst trigger I've ever seen on a S&W. Had to replace it with an Apex.

Union Co. Boy

I don't have a ton of experience with different pistol brands. Having said that, I really enjoy my Glock 17 and my Beretta 92F. Of the two, the Beretta is probably my favorite. I just shoot better with it. No knocks on the Glock though.

Davyalabama

The 9mm to shoot would be an H&K USP, to carry would be their P2000SK. Yeah, I'm a little partial, they work, and I like the trigger and sights.

gtk

Staff member
I've had both. I got rid of all my 9's in the 90's. I had a beautiful Belgium Browning Hi-Power and a S&W Model 39. I'd like to have a Model 39 again just for nostalgia if I ever found one with a reasonable price on it.
About 8 yrs ago, I bought an unfired 39-2 still in the box from a friend. I liked it so much, I found another one (shooter) at a very reasonable price. Between the 2 of them I have just under $600 in them.

DaveTN

About 8 yrs ago, I bought an unfired 39-2 still in the box from a friend. I liked it so much, I found another one (shooter) at a very reasonable price. Between the 2 of them I have just under $600 in them.
Yeah, I passed on a bunch of them at $300-$400. Now, like everything else, they are much higher.

In 1967 Illinois State Police was the first major police department in the country to go with 9mm semi-automatic handgun, it was the Model 39. I do most of my shooting in Illinois. They were all over the place up there, cheap, for years, I may still find one.

moondawg

By default, the one I have. Springfield Armory XD subcompact 9. I rented one at a range in 2008, and did really well with it. I shot it better than the Glock I rented. It had gotten pretty good reviews on this site as well. I did well enough with it, I just had to have one.

Shag

The one on me right now….Glock 19x. I'm going to shop around for a thinner one that still has a full grip and plenty of capacity. I'll probably sway towards the Sig P365xl or macro
Check out the Glock 48. With the upgraded Shield Arms Mags and mag release, same capacity as a 19 in a slimmer package. The 48 also has a slightly longer barrel. I've had a bunch of Glocks over the years. The 48 is a keeper and my EDC.

Specializedjon

I'm a "9mm guy" to say the least. I own several, maaaaaybe too many.

If I had to fight with just one, it would be my G17 with a lot of personalization done to it and paired with a TLR-1 light. At least 5k rounds through it and it just fits.

I have sexier 9's but that's my go-to.

Remember, if you can't stop a threat with a 9, a larger caliber ain't gonna help you.

Latest posts