What is with adults using youth guns to hunt turkeys?

knightrider

I'm sure folks use tss from a 410 at 80 yards

It is deadlier at longer ranges than lead or steel

There is nothing unethical about shooting a turkey past 40 yards if you can drop them dead (with a shotgun and fine shot)

In some states you can use rifles, pistols or slugs and don't have to worry about which shot will drop a turkey at 50-100 yards
Thats the thing about ethics their personal and mine are 40 and in. I could bushwack em at 70 all day long with my setup but why would i want to? there is no excitement in that for me!

Doskil

Thats the thing about ethics their personal and mine are 40 and in. I could bushwack em at 70 all day long with my setup but why would i want to? there is no excitement in that for me!

Different strokes for different turkey hunters

It would be almost impossible if not impossible to legally regulate shot distances anyway

RoyalPrudent

Because they are more effective? Your whole argument is "use enough gun" and then when presented with data that sub gauges out perform lead in 12s you want them outlawed?

You are all over the place. Sheesh.
No. I should have been more clear. Many states require 20 gauge or larger for turkey hunting. Maine allows smaller gauges with 7-9 TSS only. seems reasonable.

paboom

No. I should have been more clear. Many states require 20 gauge or larger for turkey hunting. Maine allows smaller gauges with 7-9 TSS only. seems reasonable.
Hysterical. So you originally thought that you should have to use a 12. Then 20 was ok, then 28 should be illegal because they are more effective than 12s with lead and now 410s are ok and we should follow Maine's rules.

You can't make this level of craziness up.

RoyalPrudent

Hysterical. So you originally thought that you should have to use a 12. Then 20 was ok, then 28 should be illegal because they are more effective than 12s with lead and now 410s are ok and we should follow Maine's rules.

You can't make this level of craziness up.
Or you've convinced me otherwise. I don't think it's a great idea, but TSS clearly mitigates things. Would you rather I be unconvincable?

Latest posts