What is this Assault Rifle I keep hearing about

Rakkin6

Rakkin6

I am so tired of hearing this term, I want someone to explain to me what it is. I know I am preaching to the choir on here. But you still have politicians and media that think AR-15 stands for assault rifle (it stands for Armalite and the 15th model.) There are very few automatic weapons in civilian hands. Has far has the military goes the only units that have fully auto M4 are SOF units. Your typical infantryman can only use semi or a three round burst. Not once in my time in the Infantry or SF did I look at someone and say get your assault rifle we are going to eh range or get your assault rifle we are going on patrol in Iraq. WTH

MUP

MUP

Supporter
You mean this?
IMG 20220528 071413853

R

Rabbitkil

I am so tired of hearing this term, I want someone to explain to me what it is. I know I am preaching to the choir on here. But you still have politicians and media that think AR-15 stands for assault rifle (it stands for Armalite and the 15th model.) There are very few automatic weapons in civilian hands. Has far has the military goes the only units that have fully auto M4 are SOF units. Your typical infantryman can only use semi or a three round burst. Not once in my time in the Infantry or SF did I look at someone and say get your assault rifle we are going to eh range or get your assault rifle we are going on patrol in Iraq. WTH

I took a full auto m4 to the range and about 2 mags in I decided I didn’t want it.. talk about ammo costs

iowavf

iowavf

I'd like to ask one of the people saying to ban assault rifles if they think a mentally ill person who wants to kill people won't if they can't get an assault weapon to use?

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
Folks listen to what the news tells them instead of doing a little research to find out what AR actually means. 99% of them will tell you it’s an automatic rifle to which it’s a semi-auto like many rifles and shotguns. They’ll scream about new laws and will pay no attention that the highest gun violence areas are in the places with the strictest gun laws. Ignorance is bliss!

Bullit

Bullit

A mentally ill person that wants to kill people will find a way. They can use a car a big truck like before to run over a crowd, or make a Molotov cocktail to hurt a lot of people. They have closed all of the mental institutions and put all of them on the streets and you can’t admit anyone if they don’t want to go . When you are conceal carrying you pray that you are not put in a situation that you will have to use it . But you feel better knowing that you could protect your family.

H

Hridge

These people are ignorant. Basically they are saying ban AR’s because they will be satisfied with people still dying but at least it won’t be as many. If an AR can kill 20 people, they want to cut that number to 10 people dying from pistols, shotguns, machetes, or cars. A killer is gonna kill. End social media and these chat rooms, secure our schools with single point entry, have armed guards, and get all these politicians on both sides out of office. Replace them with term limited and campaign fund limited Americans that care.

A

artwork001

Preach it brother!! That’s the problem it’s the people not the guns. The people in office for 50 years with no answers to anything except how to get stupid people to re-elect them. Who keeps voting for these dinosaurs?