What herbs?

GOODWIN

What herbs should I plant? I have a small box garden that gets maybe 4hrs direct sunlight. Other times its shaded by trees. I've got great soil. Willing to start from seed as well. Thanks.

catman529

Basil is #1 for me. Also this year I got some oregano growing from seed. We got a rosemary bush or two in front of the house as well. Other than that its jut whatever I feel like. Got some chocolate mint growing on the side of the house... Smells good when you take out the trash and step on the mint. Lol

Bayou Buck

I plant parsley, basil, arregano, cilatro, and mint. You can keep the parsley and arregano going year round by coveriung them on the real cold days.

quickfire

Oregano, basil, thyme, parsley, cilantro, garlic, leeks, rosemary (I don't like it but wifey does), balm (aka lemon mint), catnip, pennyroyal, and sage is what we usually plant.

catman529

must add cilantro is important especially for making salsa with the fresh tomatoes. But it will bolt quick in the warm weather so grow it in the shade between tomato plants or something like that. Sage is good too, I dont use it much, but it is good.

Latest posts