What have you lost or found while hunting.

S

SPickle

Just curious as to what you have lost of found while hunting public ground, private or wma land. I have lost a few turkey calls and strikers and found a screw in bow holder, and a trigger stick. Lets hear it

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Lost a turkey striker and never found it. Lost an SD card in September one year in a CRP field and found it the next December by accident. Had 900 pics on it lol.

H

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
Only thing I ever found was a 142" 8point dead head.Lost a streamlight flashlight, SD card I had just pulled from a cam. All I can think of off the top of my head.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Tn_Va_Hunter

One time in Va in a state park draw hunt. I found a guys 742 Remington 30.06 under the leaves in a pull off parking spot. Loaded it up and took it to the park HQ The guy has told them he lost it and couldn’t find it. They called him up and he came for it the next day.

I’ve found old stands, blinds and chairs before.

G

gatodoc

I was with my dad and grandfather when they found a female body while rabbit hunting, Her boyfriend was convicted for killing her.....

M

Mike Belt

I dropped an old flip phone from my stand one time. When I climbed down I looked for an hour raking leaves, etc. I never found it. I hunted there again after that and looked again. I still never found it. The ground just ate it up???

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
All I am going to say is NEVER and I mean NEVER lay your brand new fancy camo Mathew's compound bow down on the ground where you "think" you shot a deer as a marker to come back to later.

E

eddie c

let's see? 1 or 2 hunting arrows. folding Buck knife. turkey locator call that I had lost the year before. a duck decoy. burned up stolen car. climbing stand, took it home only to find out it was a pain to set up, probably left on purpose. odd and end stuff.

U

Urban_Hunter

Lost a butt pad, a walkie talkie, a pair of loppers (literally sat them down, came back to them 20 mins later, gone), and about a dozen top halves of long socks over the years.

Only crazy thing I ever found was a camp site on our property complete with tent, sleeping bags, cookware, and 12ga buckshot Ammo.

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
Lost a predator call right after deer season one year and found it during turkey season. Have found flashlights, knives, and too many gloves to remember. Old baker treestand, old summit climber. Various tools.

T

THEdonkey0515

I Have lost:
Walkie talkie (LBL)
Cell phone.
Bushnell flashlight.
Countless gloves over the years always just one.

I have found:
Hunting jacket brand new about $200 jacket someone had just took off, and folded over a limb.
The

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
RUGER":hbmnj3ya said:
All I am going to say is NEVER and I mean NEVER lay your brand new fancy camo Mathew's compound bow down on the ground where you "think" you shot a deer as a marker to come back to later.

You eventually found it though right?????

D

DMD

RUGER":32s0i8c8 said:
If a person ever did do that (hypothetically speaking ) would they ever find? :)

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

S

Smo

I’ve lost gloves,sd cards, release for my bow, buck folding knife.
I found the knife with the help of a metal detector.
I’ve found three tree stands . Two were still attached to trees about 25 yards apart.
They were overlooking a salt lick, both stands had compound bow hanging from a tree limb next to the stands.
The other stand I found was covered up in the leaves and had been there a long time , straps were rotten.