What have I found?

Gray Ghost

I always keep my eyes open when i hunt and scout and have found something, and I am not sure what it is. I hope you can help!

this rock was surrounded by disturbed, fresh dirt when i found it. I walk this area a lot during hunting seasons. It is abnormally heavy, seems to be metallic, and appears porous. I know zero about meteorites but some pictures I see look like maybe... thoughts?

Attachments

• ADD2290A-A813-4C0C-A3D4-1E0BAECC7742.jpeg
    ADD2290A-A813-4C0C-A3D4-1E0BAECC7742.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 539

sun

I always keep my eyes open when i hunt and scout and have found something, and I am not sure what it is. I hope you can help!

this rock was surrounded by disturbed, fresh dirt when i found it. I walk this area a lot during hunting seasons. It is abnormally heavy, seems to be metallic, and appears porous. I know zero about meteorites but some pictures I see look like maybe... thoughts?
I would consider it to be a meteorite until it's proven otherwise.
They can have a really wide range of appearances, and unique samples are being found all of the time.
The only way to be sure is to have it tested which can cost $125.
If you can show it or a photo of it to a university geologist then perhaps he would offer a free opinion.

Below is a Colorado outfit that will provide a visual evaluation for $50. which will be credited toward the $125 XRF analysis fee if needed.

Latest posts