what happened after 2001?

hard county

Something has changed. The blind myself my dad and my brother hunt has gone from killing 350 a year to 150 to now 75. This year the best day has been 4. What is going on?

baller_9

Lots of water and it didn't freeze up north and push down ducks as early as most years. Were starting to see a lot of ducks now its only going to get better towards the end of the season just watch and see. I know what you mean though it has been frustrating up until this point.

NoNtYpiCaL1

I have a blind that has done the same thing. Ten years ago 3 of us could kill 350 ducks a year easily. I can remember many afternoons of getting in the blind alone about 4:15 and having a limit within 30 minutes at the end of legal shooting time. Past couple years we have not broke 100 ducks. The migration pattern has changed and the ducks dont hit the spots they used to.

mallard239

keep blaming it on the weather or whatever you want. the problem is all the refuges and the overmanagement and overhunting of ducks. 60 day season, 6 duck limits, four wheelers, mojos, hundreds of thousands of acres of standing corn on refuges equals super pressured ducks that sit on refuges all day and feed at night. sure the folks joining the refuges are happy, but other than them, you're sol.

hard county

mallard239 said:
keep blaming it on the weather or whatever you want. the problem is all the refuges and the overmanagement and overhunting of ducks. 60 day season, 6 duck limits, four wheelers, mojos, hundreds of thousands of acres of standing corn on refuges equals super pressured ducks that sit on refuges all day and feed at night. sure the folks joining the refuges are happy, but other than them, you're sol.
I agree that its not the weather, but I dont think that any of the other things you listed would have caused such a sudden change.

Latest posts