Health What did you do today? 2018 edition

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

Let's get a new one started for the new year.

My wife and I got up and started the year with a 5k. I'd like to be able to make some excuses, but I simply didn't train as hard as I should of. I wanted to finish around 24 minutes but ended up at 25:13. It was an out and back and when I turned the corner for the second half, I hit a head wind coming off the lake and it was like running into a brick wall. Gives me room to improve.

We're going to grab a snack, then take the dog for a hike at Halls Bend. I'm then going to kick back on the couch for the rest of the day and drink the beer I didn't drink last night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Hit the gym this am. 20min stairclimb warmup, 5x5 lite back squats, 10x3 thrusters and 3 rounds of (10kb swings, farmers carry, tire, 10 push-ups). Fasting until lunch which includes cabbage and braised venison.
Hopefully I can continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lightsareout

lightsareout

started up with Insanity again; hope to finish the series this go around.

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Getting up before sunrise when the temps are this cold is an endeavor, to say the least. Only hit the gym twice this week but my eating has been great.
My wife bought the fat burning man recipe app and cooked a few things out of it yesterday.
I usually fast from 9:30pm to about 1-2pm, somewhere around 15hrs.

TX300mag

TX300mag

I'm in. I've picked up a terrible sinus infection that's been going around here, but maybe I'll be feeling some better tomorrow. Eating hasn't been terrible, but I've been putting on weight the last several days. I guess I graze and snack a lot when I'm bored and restless.

I've been running some, flipping tires, dragging tires, and slinging sledge at work. I just can't seem to stay motivated in the weight room.

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

Warmer weather arrives soon!! I'm still struggling to stay motivated in this cold. My wife enjoyed the 5k so much she signed us up for 8 more races in 2018. At least they're all trail races from here on out. I'm up in Yankeeland for a muzzleloader hunt until Tuesday and it was so cold, I didn't even make it out today. A new day starts tomorrow.

TX300mag

TX300mag

Still not feeling 100%, but it warmed up some today and I made myself get out and cut and split some wood. The sunshine was better for me than the exercise I bet.

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Knocked out 100 burpees in 13mins, that’s 3mins longer than my pre Holiday time...man I’m sucking!

TX300mag

TX300mag

Which burped method are you using, AT Hiker?

Baseline 1.5 mile timed run-12:38

I think I'm gonna use this as a measuring tool to track progress. I'm fat (again) and out of shape. :mad:

185lbs

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

TX300mag":35u1p734 said:

I think I'm gonna use this as a measuring tool to track progress. I'm fat (again) and out of shape. :mad:

185lbs

When I was getting sib 10mins for 100, I would do 10 sets of 10. Setting my stop watch and trying to do each set under 1min and resting a few seconds before going to the next set. Sometimes I would do sets of 15 or 20 but that usually hurt my time.

I do what I call a full burpee. Squat all the way down, kick back, full push-up and jump up at least a few inches.
bc9f709f18a89012cc656f5834284590.jpg

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Seal man makers are also a killer full body work out. All you need is a set of 5-10lb dumb bells and you can make life suck quick!

TX300mag

TX300mag

AT Hiker":33e9o55o said:
TX300mag":33e9o55o said:

185lbs

When I was getting sib 10mins for 100, I would do 10 sets of 10. Setting my stop watch and trying to do each set under 1min and resting a few seconds before going to the next set. Sometimes I would do sets of 15 or 20 but that usually hurt my time.

I do what I call a full burpee. Squat all the way down, kick back, full push-up and jump up at least a few inches.
bc9f709f18a89012cc656f5834284590.jpg

Thanks AT! You look different without your beard.

I got interrupted for a fire just as I finished run, so I'll knock out some burpees before I get cleaned up for the night.

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

It looks like I'll start adding some burpees into my day also.

Late last night, I returned from what could be my last hunting trip of the 2017-2018 season. Slept a few hours and still made it in for a full day at the office. My wife called on her way home from work and asked if I wanted to run tonight. "Yea, it'd feel good". Real answer was "no", but she's been doing real good at staying healthy so I do what I can to support her.

I just ran a slow 45:01 time and did 4.26 miles. I'm glad I did get out because I feel allot better now. I've also only 8 weeks to build up my mileage for an 11 mile trail race in March.

Dinner tonight is a tray of zucchini noodle lasagna that we had in the freezer.

4264515c5581dd2e340678fb6fa0cb87.jpg

TX300mag

TX300mag

Is that an Ohio doe, Buzzard? I keep saying I'm going to go to late MZ season, but I went ahead and used all my tags during firearm. I've had some good trail cam buck pics sent to me from recent days showing up, though.

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

TX300mag":y95hixir said:
Is that an Ohio doe, Buzzard? I keep saying I'm going to go to late MZ season, but I went ahead and used all my tags during firearm. I've had some good trail cam buck pics sent to me from recent days showing up, though.

It is. I try to make it up there several times a year and always for the late hunt if I still have a tag. I think I've at least killed a doe on the muzzleloader hunt the past 6 years. Very rarely do I miss the first week of November also. But, I did this year.

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

Wanderers Trail Race today at 2:00. This is the shortest trail race of the year at 5k. I'm glad. I'll be read to get it over with and back in the warm house. It's at the trails behind Maryville College and we've hiked them some. I don't think there's much elevation change, but they didn't have a course description online, so I'm not exactly sure what trails we run.

Food intake is much improved over the past couple weeks. I butchered my OH deer last night and did get into a couple too many beers.

95a6e507792037e48fb7ca9c9aec5a2b.jpg

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

This was a good week.

Sunday - The 5k went pretty good. I accidentally wore my road shoes instead of my trail running shoes. The temps and sun was just enough to melt the top half inch of ground. The hills were kind of slick and I had to really watch myself on them, but I finished in 28:19 (or 28:13)

Monday - 3 mile jog with lots of stretching afterwards

Tuesday - 30 burpees. I had to spread these out through the day. I'm glad AT mentioned doing them. I really struggle with doing anything upper body. I have plenty of room for improvement here.

Wednesday - I made it out for a 40 minute 4.12 mile run in the snow, ice, and single digit temperatures.

Thursday - 30 burpees again

Friday - Going to meet my wife after work for a run. I'll decide how far I'm going to go after talking with her and seeing what see's going to do.

Saturday - Off day

My food intake has been great all week. No complaints here.

TX300mag

TX300mag

Awesome week, Buzzard Breath.

A last minute opportunity here in Texas popped up for my kids, so we jumped on it. They killed four more deer, so it was worth it. Ice storm at work kept me busy last three days, but I'm home today and hoping to get some deer processed and back into a routine soon.

I did fast four four days but broke at that point as to not be rude in hunting camp.