• Help Support TNDeer:

What did you do..Screw you 2020 version!

AT Hiker

That’s the work out of the day, every day for 2021!

This year I’m kicking it off with a 10,000 kettle bell swing challenge. Started Dec 28th, now on day 10 with 3500 swings complete. 2 days of swinging followed with one day rest. On rest days I’ve been doing backsquats but I’ve noticed I’m not recovering well so I’ve backed off to lite cardio and upper body. I also warmup before swinging.

My routine has so far evolved into this; 25 swings per set with a 5 rep accessory body weight in between sets (push-u, hangs, dips, pull-up). I rest long enough between sets to get my grip back and go for 40-60 sec rest every 100 swings. I’m up to a 50lb bell right now with a time of 32minutes. I didn’t realize how demanding this would be, it hurts so good.

So, what did you do today?

Buzzard Breath

Ate a salad. It was pretty much gone by the time I saw where AT started a new year thread. This afternoon I'm going to walk 2 laps around the neighborhood then get in a kettlebell workout.

Even though I haven't had C-19, its been rough on me. I need this thread this year. I just got back from muzzleloader season in Ohio where I spent most of my time scouting for next years bow hunt. It kicked my ***.
20210106_123930.jpg

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Buzzard Breath

Yesterday didn't work out too well. With everything going on in the Capitol, I became glued to the news.

Walked for an hour this morning. Then got in 2 rounds of a kettlebell workout.

AT Hiker

In between facilitating virtual school I was able to knock out my 500 swings, yesterday. However, I had to use my 30lb bells which required me to do a double KB swing @60lbs. I felt that.
My daughter and I were also able to sneak out and take a doe to end the TN deer season.
Today I’m hoping to do some long cardio and volume on backsquats and deadlifts then go back to a 50lb bell for tomorrow.

swd

Got in 30 minutes on the exercise bike Wednesday evening. Wednesday's are my off days...

Last night I had a 6 mile training run. Had to do it on the treadmill. The geniuses at my gym set the thermostats for their comfort rather than with consideration to people working out, so I was slow. Averaged just under 9 minute miles. Have a 4 mile training run this evening. I am sneaking out for my last deer hunt after work. If I kill, I will do the run tomorrow. If not, back to the treadmill tonight 🤮

AT Hiker

50lb KB swings x500 in 20 sets;
25swings-5 dips
25swings-5 pullups
25swings-10 push-ups
25swings-rest

Time was good at 29minutes. I suspect it has to do with me eating a breakfast and not lifting yesterday.

swd

Did my first run at 10 miles yesterday. 8:47 average mile.

3 mile easy run tonight on the treadmill followed by dips, pull-ups, and chin-ups.

rem270

Supporter
I got sick the Saturday before Christmas and stayed sick until the Sunday after Christmas. Bad tonsillitis so eating chicken noodle soup for 3 times a day for over a week kept the holiday food off and I dropped some pounds from Thanksgiving! Haven't done a thing yet as far as exercising but hoping to get some warm weather where I can hit the MTB hard again. Plan to do 1500 miles on that alone this year.

Buzzard Breath

I spent all day Sunday, dawn till dusk, in the deer woods, scouting, moving trail cams, moving stands, marking new spots for stands I need to buy, looking for mushrooms, etc. It was a good day of exercise and I found some good spots for next year. Yesterday's weather sucked all the motivation out of me. I'll get in a good walk and kettlebell workout this afternoon.

AT Hiker

500 swings yesterday @70lbs with body weight accessory exercise.
Today was some lite cardio with 2500 meter row and 100 burpee.

I feel a lot stronger doing these swings now. 70lbs was once impossible but now I’m doing back to back days with that weight. Fine tuning my technique has greatly assisted too.

swd

I ended up taking Monday and Tuesday off. Had some family stuff and just felt like I needed to rest. Ended up falling late Tuesday night (no idea what happened) and bruised several ribs. Ran a slow 6 miles Wednesday and slightly faster 5 yesterday. Got to get in 4 tonight and 3 tomorrow to get caught up on my training.

JCDEERMAN

I am also ready for longer days...and warmer days. Both give me more motivation. I’m in the gym 3-5 times a week first thing in the morning. Stairs for 10 minutes and then weights for 30 minutes. Cutting most carbs and sugar. I’m comfortable staying around 190 lbs

AT Hiker

37mins on the KB. Not getting any easier, even though I’m almost done with my 10,000 swings for the month.
20 rounds;
70lb KB swing x25
Rotating between swings-3pull ups/5 dips/10 pull ups/15 arm extensions.

Latest posts