What can you tell me about Tennessee Wildlife Federation?

J

JDBinTN

I get several emails monthly from TWF but I don't know much about them, I glanced at their website, seems good, is anyone a member of it or support them in any way?

S

scn

Supporter
Re: What can you tell me about Tennessee Wildlife Federation

The Federation is the new (several years old) name for the Tennessee Conservation League. It is the longest running wildlife conservation organization in the state. The League/Federation have been on the front lines of virtually everything good that has happened for wildlife conservation in TN in the last four plus decades. They are the #1 lobbying organization with the legislature making sure that your interests in hunting and fishing are listened to by those that make the laws.

They are very professionally run on a daily basis, and their board is made up of persons with a total love for wildlife and conservation that have logged hundreds of years in the wildlife field. As you can tell, they have my total support for the job that they do. Without them, I hate to think of where we would be with wildlife in this state.

And, unlike several other "conservation" organizations, they are FULLY supportive of hunting and fishing. I highly recommend joining their organization.

J

JDBinTN

Thanks scn, so they are independent of both TWRA & TWRC? I'm going to look into them more and soon, sounds like a good thing

S

scn

Supporter

JDBinTN":2iketbv7 said:
Thanks scn, so they are independent of both TWRA & TWRC? I'm going to look into them more and soon, sounds like a good thing

Yes, they are totally independent of both. While they have a working relationship with the agency and commission, they are not a "rubber stamp" for agency or commission views.

T

TheLBLman

scn":27gzvvdl said:
. . . . unlike several other "conservation" organizations, they are FULLY supportive of hunting and fishing.
I would also add that unlike some other "conservation" organizations, the TWF is FULLY supportive of our 2nd Amendment rights and the promotion of shooting sports.

About the TWF . . . . .
https://tnwf.org/overview/

J

JDBinTN

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't see a place to join per say on website, just make donations, which I will do I think

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter

Mike Butler has spoken at a vous before.
Very cool guy for sure.
Great organization.

Latest posts