what about rap?

cbhunter

Supporter
I don’t really care for rap but Tom Macdonald has really got some good songs. He raps about anything that’s not supposed to be said. Look up Fake Woke and several other of his songs. The stuff he raps about is crazy.
And to do it all without a label is amazing. Him and his gf make all his videos and content

CATCHDAWG

Three pages in and none of us old school guys have mentioned Salt n Peppa? Lol
The new stuff I hear from the thug at the red light, I don’t think I could listen to. I will however have to admit that I do occasionally listen to some of the “hick hop” mainly the Jawga Boys. It’s so redneck I just can’t help it! 😁

Pic IN the Casa

As a few have said, find a few Tom McDonald videos and listen to the lyrics. The man is on fire with success right now.

I've actually started liking his girl Nova Rockefellers stuff too.

Rabbitkil

Brainwashed , Fake Woke, Snowflake
Tom Macdonald
If nothing else just listen to words of these songs.

I’ve noticed a trend several of the “independent” rap guys are talking out more and more against the government. Ryan upchurch and Adam Calhoun come to mind I know there are a couple more lesser known ive came across but can’t recall their names right now

WTM

Supporter
ok. yall dont tell nobody but a half lifetime ago i was a break dancer. the whole bit, parachute pants, boom boxes and dragging that big arse piece of carboard around. that phase lasted about 2 years, but hey the cheerleaders loved us. ;) here is one of the beats:

CATCHDAWG

ok. yall dont tell nobody but a half lifetime ago i was a break dancer. the whole bit, parachute pants, boom boxes and dragging that big arse piece of carboard around. that phase lasted about 2 years, but hey the cheerleaders loved us. ;) here is one of the beats:

👎👎👎 Boooo! Lol

moondawg

I truly despise traditional Rap and Hip Hop. I think a lot of that is due to what is being said; basically glorifying criminal behavior and the "gangsta" lifestyle, as well as denigrating women. On the other hand, Rap added into other forms of music can be alright. I've enjoyed the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which is basically Rock Rap. I enjoy even some of the current Pop music that increasingly uses Rap interludes.
RHCP is a good example of rock/rap mix. That's one of the few I can tolerate. I am NOT a fan of country/rap.

Latest posts