what about rap?

akachuck

we've talked about a lot of music here lately, so lets talk about hip hop or rap. what do ya'll listen to when you do listen to it?
I know ya'll will have have some very strong opinions so lets hear them.

BSK

I truly despise traditional Rap and Hip Hop. I think a lot of that is due to what is being said; basically glorifying criminal behavior and the "gangsta" lifestyle, as well as denigrating women. On the other hand, Rap added into other forms of music can be alright. I've enjoyed the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which is basically Rock Rap. I enjoy even some of the current Pop music that increasingly uses Rap interludes.

Planking

I used to listen to all kinds of rap but now i just can't do it. The places and the culture that they glorify in rap are the worst places for a child in the United States. That ain't right and they could care less.

Volbuck777

Supporter
Chuck are you trying to get your message count up. I see you’re well over 1000 with the new name. I told you there’s no such thing as good modern country. I don’t know if you believe me. But believe this rap and hip hop has to be the absolute epitome of trash. I’m not sure I’d call it anything more, than someone making noise. No opinions just facts.

BMan

I used to listen to all kinds of rap but now i just can't do it. The places and the culture that they glorify in rap are the worst places for a child in the United States. That ain't right and they could care less.

Some of the older members here may remember the experiment I conducted 10 or so years ago. During my then-hour-long drive to/from work each day I would only listen to the "hardcore" rap stations on Sirius for several weeks. My goal was to find out how many songs that did not use the word Fxxx or Nxxxxxx or any derivative of same. I don't remember the percentage of songs that passed the test, but I want to say it was well under 10 percent.

Long way from Grandmaster Flash and the Furious FIve...

BSK

Some of the older members here may remember the experiment I conducted 10 or so years ago. During my then-hour-long drive to/from work each day I would only listen to the "hardcore" rap stations on Sirius for several weeks. My goal was to find out how many songs that did not use the word Fxxx or Nxxxxxx or any derivative of same. I don't remember the percentage of songs that passed the test, but I want to say it was well under 10 percent.
And that's why I despise traditional Rap/Hip Hop. However, when that "style" of music is mixed in to other genres like Rock and Pop, and done right, it can be pleasing to the ear.

rukiddin

Old rap, run dmc, 2 live crew, Tupac, notorious BIG, coolio, snoop was ok and when the mood struck, I listen but never bought the tapes or cd’s though. New stuff is mumble up garbage.
It by no means is my first choice to listen to but I hope some y’all that hate it and what it talks about ain’t never listened to David Allan Coe. His “country” songs would make 2 live crew’s worst rap lyrics sound like a church choir. Just sayin’…………….

BMan

It by no means is my first choice to listen to but I hope some y’all that hate it and what it talks about ain’t never listened to David Allan Coe. His “country” songs would make 2 live crew’s worst rap lyrics sound like a church choir. Just sayin’…………….

Probably true, but he is one singer in a genre, rather than being the majority of the genre.

Latest posts