What’s your best dish?

TAFKAP

I don't have a good answer. Mrs. TAFKAP and I are good cooks, and we enjoy making all sorts of food from scratch. Usually it's very good. I would say my forte would be whipping together a soup from scratch, and I do well with cooking meat of all types. But I think if I've got a gun to my head to cook the best meal ever or they'll shoot my dog, I'm going to reach for a rack of lamb.

dralarms

I can't cook. Never had any lessons, I throw stuff together and hope it comes out at least edible.

one of my favorite experiments is take a Boston butt, throw it in the crock pot, add 1 box (2 packets) of Lipton onion soup mix, some salt, some Cajun seasoning if ya got it, then top it off wine a bottle of wine (I use my homemade habanero wine), cook it until the bone falls loose.

as my brother used to say "slap yo momma good"

Last edited:

dralarms

Uhhhh, habanero wine?!?!?

Do share!
I make a simple white grape wine and add habanero to it during fermentation. You can go nuts with it but if you leave the habaneros in once it's finished and do a taste test daily until you get the heat you want and then take them out.

I also make a jalapeño red.

TAFKAP

I make a simple white grape wine and add habanero to it during fermentation. You can go nuts with it but if you leave the habaneros in once it's finished and do a taste test daily until you get the heat you want and then take them out.

I also make a jalapeño red.
We need to work out a trade or something when you do your next batch!

JCDEERMAN

For appetizers, clam dip and also a mustard sauce

For a meal, chicken tortilla soup, or a marinade for chicken that is a family favorite

bbqit

Duck slow cooked in a burgundy and orange sauce seated next to consommé rice, steamed broccoli and warmed cinnamon apple.

Stayinthewoods

Crawfish (or shrimp)Etoufee. Around here anyways. I know most Cajuns would take me to the woodshed with theirs. I was taught by a Cajun and don't cut any corners. It takes time, but worth it.

... I love just about anything from down there. I recently just had pounds and pounds of boudin and boudin balls shipped here. As well as a cream cheese king cake from Don Phuongs