What’s the reason Nikon scopes discontinue

Hgoody77

What's the reason Nikon scopes discontinued?
I have always liked the Nikon scopes I've had. What's the reason on the streets that Nikon quit making the scopes?
How long will they warranty them for since the production stopped?
Will they even warranty them at all now?

Andy S.

Read this interesting article written a year ago, January 2020. I hear they are giving vouchers for warranty claims. The voucher can be used for cameras, binoculars, rangefinders, etc.

Remington700

I have always shot Nikons. My understanding is that the market was hard to compete in. You have Vortex with the no fault warranty, etc. They are still warrantying items with vouchers for other items they produce.

backyardtndeer

Have several nikon scopes from prostaff's to monarch's and a pair of monarch atb 8x42 binos. No complaints about any of the nikon glass I own. Nikon scope lines had a no fault warranty as well.

Hated to hear they were dumping their rifle scopes. I don't know how true it is or isn't , but heard that they leaving the rifle scope side of their business due in part to the negativity around mass shootings.

GMB54

Over the years i noticed something at Natchez. The #1 brand of refurbed scopes has been Nikon. Probably close to 80% of the refurbs they had for sale were Nikons. That is a very high percentage in my book. Never was all that thrilled with the BDC they felt they had to offer on nearly all the lower priced scopes. Trying to find a NikoPlex was a chore and at times a down right PITA.

The P5 line were Phillipines and the "better" P7 were made in China....Well, i dont buy Chinese made scopes.

Last edited:

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
I just sent a scope in for repair a month ago and talk to the warranty department 3 Times they said they will still warranty the scopes if they are deemed un repairable they will send you a voucher for what retail is. Now the kicker you have to us it all there website and its good for a year also it's a one time voucher. They still make rangefinders, binoculars, and spotting scopes so that what you are limited to buying oh and cameras you can get a camera also.

Latest posts