• Help Support TNDeer:

What’s the big deal about this ?

Knothead

HECS Suits? Anybody hunt with this stuff? They advertise it on several of the hunting shows and basically make you feel like an idiot if you don’t wear this stuff when you hunt, especially when turkey hunting.
They advertise it as some sort of technology in the clothing that ‘blocks your naturally occurring electrical signature and lets you get a closer, safer, interaction with wildlife.......’
How does it work anyway ? I just don’t get it.

Bambi Buster

HECS Suits? Anybody hunt with this stuff? They advertise it on several of the hunting shows and basically make you feel like an idiot if you don’t wear this stuff when you hunt, especially when turkey hunting.
They advertise it as some sort of technology in the clothing that ‘blocks your naturally occurring electrical signature and lets you get a closer, safer, interaction with wildlife.......’

o_O

It separates people who believe the hype from their money. ;)

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Safari Hunt

Advertising to create a demand. Ever notice when a guy wins a bass tourney, everyone runs out to buy the bait he used? Roland Martin once used a spinnerbait with a huge willow blade. Stores couldn't keep up with the demand.

rem270

Supporter
I don't seem to have a problem getting close to anything I hunt in my 20 year old bibs and jacket. I know a guy that shot a turkey at 60 yards and then really praised the HECS suit for bringing it in. It's all about the #hashtags and dressing to impress for a lot of folks.

BamaProud

Just like pretty much ever hunting gimmick.

backyardtndeer

This came up on another forum years ago and was interesting. The concept has to do with auras. While I do believe that energies of animals and people exist, I don't believe it has any affect on hunting.

Gimmick to take your money. I remember the barrage of ads as to being a big part of why I quit watching hunting shows.

moondawg

This came up on another forum years ago and was interesting. The concept has to do with auras. While I do believe that energies of animals and people exist, I don't believe it has any affect on hunting.

Gimmick to take your money. I remember the barrage of ads as to being a big part of why I quit watching hunting shows.
Like the Cough Silencer! :D

Knothead

Just to be clear: My question was more of a “can they really be serious and convince people to believe this hype”, than a “should I go out and buy an all new wardrobe of camouflage?”
I laughed out loud when I first saw the commercial. What’s even more appalling (and sad) than the actual commercial is the amount of people that you KNOW have bought in to this!!
“Electrical signature”. ?? Give me a break!!
I was just curious to know if any of the folks on here have fallen for it, and if so, what their take was on it.
(Of course, if anyone did, they likely are too embarrassed to admit it).

Latest posts