West tn rut

Merrick

Seen some older bucks in there feet this past weekend checking scraps. Sunday my wife had couple young bucks pushing some does around the farm. Monday I killed the 8pt I posted on here and he was hard at it chasing a doe! I didn't hunt Tuesday bc of the wind but let a friend hunt the same place u killed my 8pt this morning and he seen very little movement.

PcDeer

Just across the river in Perry Co, hunting right on the river and I have seen quiet a bit of rut action going on over here. Saw several either chasing does or cruising looking for does. In the end women was the death of one.

Engine2c

Nothin here that I've seen. Everybody keeps talkin about all the chasing they are seeing but not at my place. Just now seeing good rub and scrape activity. Saw 5 bucks today all 2.5 and younger. I believe the young bucks are just now starting to cruise, but I have yet to see a chase.

TN Whitetail Freak

Went this morning the only deer seen was a yearling 6 pt cruising.....grunted at him 3x and pulled him within 10 ft from 70 yards through the woods this was at 10 am

Engine2c

Saw my first chase of the season today. Yearling bucks were pestering does all morning. Saw a couple 2.5 year olds but they were more interested in eating honey locust pods than fooling with the does. Haven't seen a 3.5+ year old since they were still bachelored up. I'm still not pumped because I know the little ones start first, but now I know it won't be long til the big boys are on their feet.

log72

Killed a 12 pt with some kickers(3.5 year old I'm told) Monday. Was pushing a doe around but she didn't want any part of him. Hunted yesterday morning and had a wide six(3 year old?) doing the same. Seen other small bucks but not any heavy chasing. Trail cam pic date went haywire. Picture probably 1-2 weeks old.

Latest posts