West TN Reports?

wwa7

Anybody been to listen yet in Shelby, Fayette, Hardeman, or McNairy counties? I have been hunting in MS so haven't been out to listen. I talked to a friend that rode around and glassed some fields/pastures in Hardeman and saw several flocks, consisting and hens and several strutters. I think we are on track and everything is on time from what Im seeing in North MS.

muddyboots

No listening yet. All pictures i have gotten gobblers are still together. I think its gonna be good. Its usually 2 weeks after bradford pears bloom here that i feel like it starts and i saw my first ones blooming last weekend.

Boll Weevil

I agree with muddy and think we're looking good.

Spent most of the weekend outside at the farm...nary a gobble yet. Turkeys that i saw were still in pretty big bunches but surely they gotta be breaking up, on the move, and hollering a little by now.

Andy S.

Boll Weevil said:
I agree with muddy and think we're looking good.
x3. I have yet to hear my first gobble, but I have some friends that have heard some in SW TN, all on the limb real early and nothing on the ground. I plan to listen this weekend if the weather will cooperate.

Bigg E

I have heard gobbling on the roost the past 2 weekends in Haywood and saw a single longbeard strutting behind 2 hens in the woods @ 9 in the morning this past weekend.

make them gobble

mu buddys mom heard one sunday morning when she was going to get the paper. ive been in mississippi too but planning to listen a couple days next week

AT Hiker

Prior to this "cold" spell, Dickson, Montgomery, and Stewart Counties had were acting about normal. Decent gobbling and a little strutting. I havent been out since the cold spell, but I wouldnt think they would be too different.

This time last year they seemed to be 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule.

B&C

Hoping something changes with the forecast of rain this weekend. Don't think my son would take it very well if we had to sit in the truck during his opener...Good luck to all the youth hunters this weekend!

Latest posts