West TN Fishing

OldFart

Greets fm CO
I ask about this or similar every year, so here goes.

1. How is the fishing at Reelfoot?

2. How is it expected to be the next few weeks?

3. How is the fishing at KY Lake?

4. How is Ky Lake fishing expected to be the next few weeks?

Every year I get so wrapped up in turkey hunting when I get my limited time back in W TN, that i rarely get to fish. I've been wanting to crappie fish TN for many years, maybe should just come to TN a few days before turkey season opens?
I have had pretty good luck turkey hunting but would sure like to catch a few crappie too. I'll be staying in Dyer in Gibson county.

Thanks Ray

Slaughter-06

Fishing is good at Reelfoot when you can get out there. but the weather has kept me off the lake for the last 4 weekends. I am going to have to change my tactics if it keeps this up.

Bullfrog

Reelfoot is good from what I'm hearing. Ky Lake is doing fine right now. Expect it to rise and get a little color to it here shortly, after these storms. If you can catch it steady, or on the rise, you'll be fine. Hard to say for sure, this time of year.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I honestly believe whoever is in charge of KY lake messes with the water on purpose this time of the year.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
You can just about bet on it RIGHT when the crappie are getting ready to explode, they will drop the water about a foot.

Weird.

ClubHead

Ky Lake is the water holding lake in the whole system.If we get a big rain,the other lakes usualy spill and Kentucky Lake will go up in a blink.If they are predicting a good rain they will drop the bottom out of it.

OldFart

Greets fm W TN.
I'm seeing and hearing various reports, especially about Reelfoot. Some say their friends went and caught limits and other/s say the temp is still too cold. And is Reelfoot real muddy and how will this affect the fishing?
Anybody actually been there lately?
I'm also trying to snag a trip with an old friend to Ky Lake. Hope this works out!
I all ready bought my annual Non Res License, so I'm serious.
So far, more serious about turkey hunting. Been out one time, aim to chg that shortly. Diff fm fishing, I know where to go turkey hunting. Only seen 1 hen so far.
But, I'm in TN, Yeah Baby!! Ray

Slaughter-06

Reelfoot is not muddy, they are catching limits every day now. fish are still in 12' to 15' of water water temp is in the high 40s catching fish a foot off the bottom. some reports of fish being caught in the lilly pad stubble. also reports of fish moving into buck bason.

Dodge Man

Slaughter-06 said:
Reelfoot is not muddy, they are catching limits every day now. fish are still in 12' to 15' of water water temp is in the high 40s catching fish a foot off the bottom. some reports of fish being caught in the lilly pad stubble. also reports of fish moving into buck bason.

X2

I was there a few days this weekend and the water is not muddy and I guess most of the fish are still deep. We caught limits a few days in 14 to 15 ft of water with a water temp from 45 to 48 deg. 2/3s of what we caught were male fish and the females looked to like another week or 2 before there eggs are ready. Im guessing some of the females have started to move up seeing that we caught so many males.