Went old school today

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Had to clean a few fish today and decided to dress a crappie and a bream whole and have a snack since I didn't eat lunch.

D6068126-B77B-4130-9E36-A4141CCABF8E.jpeg

EC3CA226-F445-4CC4-8E0B-98B84BD2ECFA.jpeg

133C3A39-D965-4692-823E-1A5D3C7ED4B3.jpeg

The crappie was 1000X better than fillets.
Actually had some flavor.
The bream I didn't care for.
It took away that sweet flavor I like so much.
Skin was a lot tougher than the crappie too.

The tail fin chips were phenomenal on both.
If you know you know.

Ladys man

When I was younger we lived on a small lake in Ohio, had a fish fry every Friday night. Bream crappie and walleye, we always done the bream that way just so I could eat the tails..

waterman

brings me back to my childhood. would fly fish when the willow flys came out and would catch a ton of them. thats the only way my dad ever cooked bream. and yes on the tails. if you know you know;)

DaveB

Yep. I wonder if this is why I still like to chomp shrimp tails.

I began to pull the fins out and skin back to the tail on bigger bluegill, bass, and crappie quite a while ago. Little egg wash, bounce around in a flour sack and into the oil. I kept a can of crisco around for a long time just for cooking fishes.

mike52

Brings back memories. In the early 60's my Dad an uncle would go fishing all night for anything that would bite. They would come in about an hour after daylight, turn the fish over to me, brother and cousins. We cleaned the fish, then started fire around a giant cast iron wash tub, in went about 30 pounds of lard, and my mom and aunt would come out to cook. Normally had lunch around 12 Best fish and hushpuppy's I have ever eaten. For those of you that don't know what lard if. Look it up !

RGC

Looks good. If you don't crunch the tails you ain't doin it right.

GOODWIN

Yep. I wonder if this is why I still like to chomp shrimp tails.

I began to pull the fins out and skin back to the tail on bigger bluegill, bass, and crappie quite a while ago. Little egg wash, bounce around in a flour sack and into the oil. I kept a can of crisco around for a long time just for cooking fishes.
Man thought I was the only one that liked to eat fried shrimp tails

Latest posts