Welp...got in the stand WAY too early

Bushape

Getting in the stand without blowing out the woods 30 minutes before daylight is an amazing feeling.

Big Pop

Got in early today 630 in East Tennessee, most of the older guys I hunt with don't leave camp til you can see. They kill as many or more than anyone.

BSK

I want to time my stand entrance so "seeing light" is only 1 minute away! I hate having to sit in a stand during unproductive darkness. Plus, I'm spreading scent that whole time I can't see around me.

LY

I like to be there at least 30 minutes before daylight. Gives things a chance to settle down and time for a nice nap.

Headhunter

To me, the longer you are in the stand before daylight, the more you scent the place up.

I try to be ready to shoot at the same time I can safely see to shoot.

Haven't hunted in over a week. Got in settled in my climbing stand just now. Turned headlamp off... it's pitch dark 😂. Checked sunrise time... I'm going to sitting in the dark for 30 minutes 🥺🤷‍♂️😂😂 this is like the old days... getting in early enough to let the woods settle 😂😂

AND....I just dropped my grunt call on the ground.🙄 amazing how you can do this your whole life, then all of a sudden it's like you never done this before
I carry a grapple hook with me. I have to use it to retrieve things dropped from the stand all the time.

rifle02

I found that 20 minutes or so in the dark is more than I need. The last time I hunted from my stand it was a few minutes after 7:00 still plenty dark and I could see deer skylined when looking up a steep hillside. They were up on their feet and moving long before shooting light! Or possibly they were still on their feet from being up all night who knows! Couldn't Shoot either way.

Ed Cude

Haven't hunted in over a week. Got in settled in my climbing stand just now. Turned headlamp off... it's pitch dark 😂. Checked sunrise time... I'm going to sitting in the dark for 30 minutes 🥺🤷‍♂️😂😂 this is like the old days... getting in early enough to let the woods settle 😂😂

AND....I just dropped my grunt call on the ground.🙄 amazing how you can do this your whole life, then all of a sudden it's like you never done this before
That's how you get the big ones

Ski

I dont go if I can't see. I like to still hunt my way to stand. Same with leaving. I like to get out of the woods just at last legal light. Stumbling around in the dark or using a light never seemed to increase my odds.

Latest posts