Well...

Eli103

Got in the woods a little before 4:30 got out at 7:50. While I was waking in I spooked a lonely hen. Set up between her and hoping tom would walk in front of my barrel. Sat down at a base of a tree for about a hour and a half. Walked through my neighbors yard and walked back on *whisper* private property, walked the train tracks. And it was a beautiful view. Didn't see nothing or hear anything. Don't care. Kinda do care but god has blessed me with the ability to to hunt and to enjoy his and Mother Natures creation. Out side his a pretty place. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Can't hunt for the rest of the week. I'm at my moms and base ball is gonna get in the way again. That's just a recap of my hunt and how it went

megalomaniac

Stick with it! You WILL get one eventually, and when you do it will be that much more special because you worked for him.

I spoiled my kids too much taking them to TN. I can hardly get my son to hunt with me in MS because he knows the chance of hearing a gobbler is so low and we hear multiples on my TN farms.

I've gone month without hearing a gobble in MS, yet I'm already planning which lands I'm going to hunt this weekend, and which mornings this week I can sneak off before work to listen.

Keep the fire going, it's the most noble hunt that will fuel you for the rest of your life. Sometimes the hard years make you a better hunter than the easier years.

CBU93

Sounds like you need to appreciate ball a little more. You can hunt the rest of your life, there will come a time you can't play anymore. Just a little advice from an old ball player.

enjoy the hunting and fishing while you go, but that finite timeline with sports needs to be capitalized on.

Layne

Got in the woods a little before 4:30 got out at 7:50. While I was waking in I spooked a lonely hen. Set up between her and hoping tom would walk in front of my barrel. Sat down at a base of a tree for about a hour and a half. Walked through my neighbors yard and walked back on *whisper* private property, walked the train tracks. And it was a beautiful view. Didn't see nothing or hear anything. Don't care. Kinda do care but god has blessed me with the ability to to hunt and to enjoy his and Mother Natures creation. Out side his a pretty place. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Can't hunt for the rest of the week. I'm at my moms and base ball is gonna get in the way again. That's just a recap of my hunt and how it went
Hang in there, you'll figure them out.
I'm with CBU93, enjoy your baseball while you can, I've got great memories from those days, make the most of it.

Latest posts