Well that was a bust

Jroberts238

Went to South Cherokee this morning to do some scouting. Had a buddy oversleep so had to go alone. Got there about 30 minutes before sunrise and found some flat land to start walking.

About 1/2 mile in I walked up on a snake hanging from a tree. I hate snakes by the way, scared the living crap out of me. Didn't see him till I was about 10 yards away.

Got around him started using my crow call, no gobble. Walked out about another 3/4 mile tried out the owl call, no gobbles.

Got back to the truck started heading farther in. Came around a corner and met a log truck that had to be going about 35 almost ran me off the road. Then about another 1/2 mile I ran into 2 more.

After that I was pretty much too nervous to keep going. Those trucks were coming down the mountain way too fast and some didn't bother to even slow down.

Did get to see a couple deer though!

Coach

Southern Sportsman said:
Coach said:
Snake hanging in a tree? I'm moving to a new spot right then!

I'm going to start hanging snakes from trees in my favorite areas.

Haha...I saw that movie with Tommy Lee Jones and Cate Blanchett...I think it was called Missing. The injuns took his grandaughter and they were trying to get her back. That one part where that injun hung all of those snakes in the trees? Casting some kind of spell over them? Oh, yeah, I'd be gone if there was a snake hanging in a tree

Latest posts