Well I took the plunge...

tree_ghost

Ok did a little playing around when I got home this afternoon. First off I put some tape on my nose to give me a little protection as I continue to make adjustments. My goal will be to eliminate the string contact and use of tape if possible but in the meantime the tape will serve its purpose. A commentor on another site said it seemed as if I was "gun barreling" the arrow. This made sense to me as my natural sight picture wants to gravitate to directly above the arrow to subconsciously control the left/right trajectory of the arrow. Unfortunately I don't think my god given accoutrements will allow for this...so I decided to move my head position to where the string laid to the outside of my aiming eye instead of to the inside of the string. This did a couple things right off. First it cut down the amount of contact on my nose by 50% and I liked that but it also changed my sight picture to where the arrow no longer stacked up perfectly vertical in my sight picture. This was very unnatural at first. It took me a few flights to mentally adjust to the new image my brain was viewing but I quickly noticed since the arrow wasn't stacked vertically in my sight picture, but instead the knock end was off to the right, this allowed me to see the angle of the trajectory the arrow would take from the bow. Once I realized that my brain was able to process both lateral and vertical trajectories at the same time I began to relax and my groups actually tightened up some! Now I still had some nose contact but nuthing like before and if I consciously made the effort to rotate my head even more toward the target I was able to eliminate the contact all together. This position will have to be learned by me because it's not nearly as natural feeling as my draw cycle before but I think with practice will produce better results in time...? This was my 3rd flight from 20 yards. First low arrow in the flight helped me adjust my gap and the next 4 felt real nice.

Attachments

• D5B8F8C7-9F72-44E7-8959-2FC8C8FA06A9.jpeg
    D5B8F8C7-9F72-44E7-8959-2FC8C8FA06A9.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts