Well I guess we got some water

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Obion river near gooch went from 19 feet to 30.2 over night lol
Least it stayed below flood stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drake799

When it hits 29 it starts backing into Gooch. So I would imagine it's full by now lol

Cache

2-Step Enabled
About to get cold up north. Regina Canada was in the 60's Friday. 14 day forecast only shows 4 days above freezing with the 2nd week highs in the teens. Can't wait!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
drake799":ia9ukbk4 said:
When it hits 29 it starts backing into Gooch. So I would imagine it's full by now lol

Ok so if we are full now and say if we don't get any more rain for a while after this week, how much will it drop or will it remain at this level?
Every year I have hunted there the water stayed the same all year (river didn't get out) or it was the 99 year freaking flood.
I don't have much experience where it might or might not fall some?

Dodge Man

a6ee6c960ad1d015312d51b5fc4c9603.jpg

Its a rare year we don't get a decent rain every week or 2 most of the winter.

Looks like plenty more rain coming this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced_Vol

I feel like one of the biggest challenges I have living where I live and trying to figure out how to duck hunt successfully in parts of the world that actually have ducks is figuring out water levels. Everything up in west KY seems to run off the Ohio River at Cairo. We're certainly better at figuring out what happens at different stages now, but we're a long way from being experts.
Most of our spots closer to home are rain water dependent so I'll take some more rain over the next couple weeks. We had gotten pretty dry around my parts the last few months.

Lots of note taking and talking to the biologists.

drake799

RUGER":d8baeys4 said:
drake799":d8baeys4 said:

Ok so if we are full now and say if we don't get any more rain for a while after this week, how much will it drop or will it remain at this level?
Every year I have hunted there the water stayed the same all year (river didn't get out) or it was the 99 year freaking flood.
I don't have much experience where it might or might not fall some?

It will fall out gradually. I'm sure Twra was extremely happy for that rain to come lol

Latest posts