Well I guess I ain't done deer hunting after all

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Talked to an old friend this weekend.
He has a grandson (adopted) that needs a man in his life pretty bad apparently.

Boy's story is heartbreaking in itself, he came from the Ukraine and if you have never heard what kids without parents grow up like over there you need to check into it.
I can't remember the exact age but best I remember when they turn 13 they are turned out onto the streets to fend for themselves.
Something like in the high 90% of girls end up prostitutes. Sad to say the least, and the adoption process over there is nothing but legalized extortion. Every file of paperwork you use a paperclip to attach $1,000 cash to if you want it looked at and yes these files are "lost" quite often and you have to re-submit in a timely fashion or you have to start all over again.

Anyway, the boy's adoptive father turned out to be a freak of nature that likes little girls so my friends daughter and him are divorced now and the boy has ended up with no real father figure that isn't 5+ hours away.

He will be here during the Christmas break and his grandfather said he needs to take him out hunting and show him some things.
The grandfather's health has been horrible the last few years so he has nowhere to go deer hunting.
So this week I will be putting up a buddy ladderstand so they can go deer hunting on one of my spots.

Looking forward to getting out in the woods with my friend and getting everything ready for them.
Hope the boy pays attention because this man has forgotten more than most on here will ever know.
Can't wait to see the boys face when he pops him one. :D

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
Pretty awesome for you to help out Ruger. Boys need positive role models growing up for sure. Hope the kid has some success and learns some valuable life lessons in the process.

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
Great, yet sad, story. Kudos to you for stepping up and being a positive role model Ruger. I hope he has the opportunity at a deer, but regardless, your time spent with him and showing him the ropes of the great outdoors will be something that he never forgets. Hopefully the is the beginning of a life long friend for you.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Hope he gets a good one! You're a good fella, Ruger. I mean that.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk