Food Plots Well... how much did you get?

tellico4x4

Now the models (European and American) have the hurricane going far east of us (Georgia and Carolinas). Canadian doesn't know what to do with it.

Worst yet, all three models are now decreasing the amount of rain expect from these two system Thursday and Sunday. For my area, the forecast went from somewhere between 0.30 and 0.60 inches, to 0 to 0.25 inches. I'm cursed. I must have angered the rain gods.
Got a bit excited yesterday when I saw 60% chance from NOAA for Sunday, now down to 30%.... AccuWeather still shows 82% though

Bgoodman30

I planted 2 acres of wheat, oats and crimson clover Thursday gambling on the 40% chance of rain. Got home and they changed it to 0% chance.. Get up Saturday morning and its raining and they say 100% chance or rain and T storms. Check it yesterday afternoon and its back to 40% chance 🤬🤬🤬

I can't remember the NOAA site that shows rain totals for an area? Something on the GFS does anyone know?

BSK

Just 0.10". That means, over the last 35 days, just 0.72". Food plots will never make it. No rain in the 16-day forecast.

DoubleRidge

Still have 400lb of cereal rye in basement waiting on a solid chance if rain....some of the plots we already have out are doing ok....some are struggling...we need rain bad.

BSK

Two of the three models have rain coming up through East and parts of Middle TN from the hurricane. But the models stop the rain's westward extent juuuust before my place. Of course...

Bucket

0.3in on mine... they aren't dead yet, but def need a good soaker. Still waiting on 4 more acres to plant.

mitsubishi business time GIF

hitek7

Somehow my plots are looking good just going off cell cam photos. Not sure what is actually growing but they are good and green. They got about 3/4" yesterday so that should help more.

JAD

I planted a couple acres early this week. I was betting on some rain from that hurricane. Looks like I lost that bet. I won't plant any more until we have a solid rain forecasted.

Latest posts