• Help Support TNDeer:

Well dang, it’s gone.

Sniper

Lost my lease in Fentress county after 10 years of blood and sweat. The landowner informed me today that he sold the property and the new owners were not going to continue the agreement. I am thankful for all the great hunts and memories there but I am sure going to miss the place. If anyone needs a spot filled for a property in middle/east TN give me a shout. Just looking for a good place with quality people.

Kimber45

I will never forget losing the place I grew up duck hunting on, after nearly 15 yrs hunting there. Tried a few more spots, but It was a spot near impossible to beat.

Hope you find a great spot to replace it

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

tndave59

I was only on this lease for a couple years but took me several years to get on it with Sniper and he has been great and patient teaching this old fart! It’s a great property, will be hard find something else and I’m getting too old to start over!

Kirk

Supporter
The 15 acres that adjoins my property is for sale. The old guy that owned it had been letting me hunt it for the past 30 years. He and his wife both died in December. His kids are selling and asking a 1/4 million for it. I was talking to his son and when he told me the price. I was polite and got off the phone. His Dad paid around 35k for it. I was flabbergasted. Then it dawned on me....my house and land must be worth over a million now. NOT. LOL

Woodman

I've lost two leases from the property being sold over the past 20 years........don't like being limited to public but "it is what it is". Been that way for the last 4 years. Finding a good lease that is affordable and not a half days drive is tough.

ttf909

Supporter
The 15 acres that adjoins my property is for sale. The old guy that owned it had been letting me hunt it for the past 30 years. He and his wife both died in December. His kids are selling and asking a 1/4 million for it. I was talking to his son and when he told me the price. I was polite and got off the phone. His Dad paid around 35k for it. I was flabbergasted. Then it dawned on me....my house and land must be worth over a million now. NOT. LOL
Got that same info. The land joining it from the west sold for 4k an acre in the last 2 years . No way they get that price.

thirdwilliam

its tough to loose a place we have grown attached to. I have lost two in the last three years. I have one left and if I loose it, I will noy know how to act.
Good luck finding another

Deer Assassin

land ownership is IMO they way to go if you invest time and energy in something and your name aint on the deed it is not guaranteed even with family land

i hate to hear you lost it

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
Unfortunately Fentress Co is no longer an affordable place to live or buy land due to all of the outsiders coming in. We still have no jobs but that doesn’t seem to matter. I’m so thankful for my $400-$600 an acre purchases here before all these survivalists and other outsiders began showing up. We also no longer have as many top end bucks being killed, we just don’t have as many wild areas for deer to get age. The good old days are in the past unfortunately.

Hunter 257W

I know the feeling. I used to be able to hunt and walk the farm beside mine for years then 10 years ago it got sold. Got to use it a few more years then lost all rights to go over there. Now the farmer is tearing out the last of the woods remaining and it's just a big wide open row crop field. All those memories are gone for good now. If you don't own a piece of land it could change or become closed off to you at any moment.

Snake

Supporter
I own only ten acres , my wife said since our plans to build a house kinda went by the wayside (due to things not our fault)we ought to sell it . My response was that it maybe small but I'll always have a place to hunt as long as I can pay the taxes. I have killed a few deer there even a couple of bucks being selective.