Weigh Down Thread

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
As much as I hate to do it, I'm gonna go public with my decision/NEED to lose some weight. I'm as high as I've ever been, and having to go through a health insurance blood screen just accentuates that. So I'm going to definitely DIET, perhaps EXERCISE, but if I don't go for ACCOUNTABILITY with some folks, I'll never stick with it. What I would love to do is to drop 25 lbs by July (35th anniversary cruise).

Would anyone else care to jump on board, and simply post your stats each week? Include Weight lost in the past week, and Weight lost since the start. I officially started Monday, Jan 8.

ImThere

ImThere

Nimrod777":rm0df735 said:
I'm as high as I've ever been

Would anyone else care to jump on board, and simply post your stats each week? Include Weight lost in the past week, and Weight lost since the start. I officially started Monday, Jan 8.

Ok let’s work on this first! Lol.

I’m in you know I need to drop 40# ! I’m so fat you can’t tell if I’m walking or rolling!
Jan 1,2018
205# at 5’7” changed diet to eating greens before any meal. Meats will be chicken and fish. Exercise 3x week min
My health check up said my triglycerides were over 500 verrrryyyyy baddddd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTM

WTM

Supporter
im there with you. havent dieted seriously but cut out a lot of simple sugar and have lost about 10 pounds in 2 months. im down to 250lbs now. my goal is to cut 1lb per week to save muscle mass. my end goal is back to 205-215 lbs body weight. for right now im easing back into exercising with pushups, situps and 2 mile sprint-run.

maybe this thread will keep me motivated.

74MOPAR

74MOPAR

I too started on the 8th. I will be 44 next month and the fattest I've ever been. 6'3" and 268 lbs. I am hoping to stick with it this time. One thing that sucks is I can't jog because of my back and walking is so boring. But I need to get it under control.

TreyB

TreyB

I will... Goal is 25 pounds.

5'11 225

I will start mine on Monday. Have the stomach bug now throwing up all night and day.

Kimber45

Kimber45

I need to... but, not sure what to expect. I started the wonderful world of beta blockers over a month ago, been gaining fat every since.

Mudbone

Mudbone

I wish y’all would let me know how y’all get overweight.
No matter what I eat or drink I can’t gain any. I slam whey shakes and eat whole cakes and pizza.
Always hover around 155-60. 5’11”
My legs r so skinny it looks like I’m riding a chicken.

Stalkhunter

Stalkhunter

Ok guys I will join this my son wants me back in Dress Blues for his Graduation from boot camp September of 2018.

Kimber45

Kimber45

Mudbone":1tnfepn6 said:
No matter what I eat or drink I can’t gain any. I slam whey shakes and eat whole cakes and pizza.

Get on beta blockers. Slows your system down....then keep packing in the food like you are. It’ll do the trick :)

Stalkhunter

Stalkhunter

Mudbone":jf6lis86 said:
You have a high metabolism and you burn but keep an eye on it. A over active thyroid can be as bad as a under active thyroid.
One can keep to much weight off and one can keep too much weight on.

Plus if testosterone drops like it does in us older makes it gets tougher to drop weight.

74MOPAR

74MOPAR

TreyB":1zs0agmt said:
I will... Goal is 25 pounds.

5'11 225

I will start mine on Monday. Have the stomach bug now throwing up all night and day.
Sounds like you are getting a head start :mrgreen: hope you get feeling better.

WTM

WTM

Supporter
Mudbone":2q5pqrek said:

wait til you get about 45, then you will know.

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
AT Hiker":3061n10k said:
Join us in the nutrition and fitness forum. We post up all kinds of stuff
Probably weak, but I barely manage to keep up with the General forum alone! And to be honest, the more folks that know of my success/failure rate, the more motivated I'll be.

Chaneylake, I'm right there with you, man. Starting at 218.

ImThere, wish I could have killed more deer for you to help me haul out. Would have put you ahead of the game. That like to have kilt me!

ImThere

ImThere

I wish I would have put one down myself now that I didn’t make it out again this season! Lol. I’m making a electric deer cart for next year!

H

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
Scott,

Been on them now for about 4 years. Cardiologist cut my prescription back a month or so ago. Was happy about that. Tough to even keep weight the same without gaining. Been exercising 6 days a week since November and eating better since my surgery in June. Did stay same weight all through the holidays which I was proud of. Tough for me to keep it off even before heart issues and the meds. Was 289 pounds at my heaviest. Got down to 220 then back up to 258 then down to 204 now at 236 @ 6' 1"
Kimber45":26o7kzxi said:
I need to... but, not sure what to expect. I started the wonderful world of beta blockers over a month ago, been gaining fat every since.

I've always been a wimp in terms of meds.. Most sinus meds knocks me out, wife can take the same and keep rolling. I have literally gained 20lbs in under 2 months .. I was actually in decent shape at 6'1"/220... I am starting to feel like garbage at 240 (weighed today).. They prescribed me a beta blocker due to a slightly elevated heart rate and somewhat high top BP number, bottom number was fine. I really think I'm going to start tapering off this crap and getting this weight off..

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

I'm in. I'll weigh tomorrow morning. I'm 6'3" and my weight is probably around 230. Needs to be closer to 200! Ordered a treadmill that should be here on the 16th.