Weigh Down 1/15

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
Inauspiciously, I am beginning my weight loss journey with a gain of .4 lbs, starting at 218.4, and this morning I'm 219.2.

Start: 218.8
Weight Lost in Past Week: +.4!
Total Weight Lost: +.4 :(
Goal: 290

I considered not posting, but that wouldn't offer much towards this idea of accountability. Working against me this past week is a nasty cold, which generally motivates me to eat and drink more, trying to counter the fatigue and the throat discomfort. The cold is still on me, and next weekend I'll have to work against eating on the road during 3 days of travel. But I'll be back Monday with the report, for good or bad.

ImThere

ImThere

Eat your greens!!!
You can do it. I lost another lb down to 198.6 this morning before the Gym
No excuse but I cheated Saturday and ate Mexican food man was it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICHOLS3

NICHOLS3

Your not alone after 5 days of straight salads for lunch and small portions of food at dinner along with 5 days of cardio and working out I'm up from 196.3 to 197.

ImThere

ImThere

Start the day with 1/2 lemon squeezed in to 12oz hot water. Eat something Green when you get hungry and only then. Eat something green before lunch with portion control. Preferably little or no meat. Dinner eat something green with portion control. I’m using the Beauty Detox diet with my wife. I’m changing the way I eat.
It seems like I’m always full just eating a big salad with no fat Italian dressing. I don’t even feel hungry until lunch most days so that’s when I eat most of my meals are later in the day.

TreyB

TreyB

ImThere":3a2sri68 said:
Eat your greens!!!

You should cheat one day a week... Preferably on the weekend.

ImThere

ImThere

TreyB":1bxbij99 said:
ImThere":1bxbij99 said:
Eat your greens!!!

You should cheat one day a week... Preferably on the weekend.

I’m not trying to diet I’m changing my diet so there will be no need to cheat once I learn how and when to eat what. There’s no problem with eating out as long as I do the salad first and portion control which I didn’t.

WTM

WTM

Supporter
keep at it Nimrod, you can do it. i wouldnt worry TOO MUCH about what the scale says. i always use a pinch test along with that to measure fat loss. the reason being you may not think you are losing fat while building muscle at the same time or it could be that weight is water loss and could be replacing with muscle which would be heavier on the scale.

dont get down, if you fail one day get back up and keep at it.

SilverFox

SilverFox

Keep at it man.

Guys here can talk until they are blue in the face about what you should and shouldn't be doing and it's not going to help you. You have to find what works and what doesn't for you. Going around hungry and going around eating foods you don't like is never going to work. You've got to find that balance. No two people are the same.

Stalkhunter

Stalkhunter

I am in this but I am not stepping on a scale lol. I am going by close size drop. That means more to me then the weight itself. The size drop will mean weight drop and body fat.

Stalkhunter

Stalkhunter

Oh I eat good too so if you think you can’t eat good and drop body fat that is just not true.

I don’t mean eating junk food either.

Chaneylake

Chaneylake

I started last Thursday morning, will not weigh until this Thursday

I don't know if I have lost any weight yet, Bud Lite at 5 pm every day can't be helping me

Kimber45

Kimber45

Started with everyone else, and started extreme. I stayed at or under 20 grams of carbs Thu-Today.. BLEW the wife’s mind that I was able to go without BDay cake etc over the weekend. The first few days the horrible Keto acetone taste helped me have 0000 appetite pretty much so my calories were low too. I was showing 5lbs down (235) this morning, most likely 98% water loss..

Keith you can do this bud!

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
Thanks for the encouragement; it helps.
It's not my first time through this, it has just been hard to motivate into the routine again. Having this cold tends to make me fatigued, which tends to make me not care, which equals Eating. Today I had fresh fruit for the morning, and a baked potato at lunch, probably soup tonight.

I know in the past when I've dieted, it really helps to start with measurements-- waist, belly, thighs, neck-- and when you hit those plateaus where you're doing all the right things but not losing weight, you generally are losing in the measurements, and it helps you stick with it.

Personally I'm running low on jeans that I own and can wear without my face looking like I'm having a stroke!

E

eddie c

SilverFox":2m4510nv said:
Keep at it man.

Guys here can talk until they are blue in the face about what you should and shouldn't be doing and it's not going to help you. You have to find what works and what doesn't for you. Going around hungry and going around eating foods you don't like is never going to work. You've got to find that balance. No two people are the same.

This. Last year I was at the gym 3 months before I saw any large weight change but the girls in charge of the gym told me they could tell fat loss by looking at me. Then I had to break my knee so I m starting over.

W

wayne

I had my first prepared by me meals for work today. 3 trays with
1-cheese, bacon, 3 boiled eggs.
2-had a chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
3-celery with peanut butter, pecans and almonds.

I was a little heavy with the nuts, but it was just thrown together last night.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

RobbyW

RobbyW

Kimber45":3e2e5iuk said:
Started with everyone else, and started extreme. I stayed at or under 20 grams of carbs Thu-Today.. BLEW the wife’s mind that I was able to go without BDay cake etc over the weekend. The first few days the horrible Keto acetone taste helped me have 0000 appetite pretty much so my calories were low too. I was showing 5lbs down (235) this morning, most likely 98% water loss..

Keith you can do this bud!

Taste sucks but my wife hates when my ketones really get to work and The B.O. kicks in.