weekend project... new exhaust

TNReb

Got a little work to do to the bike this weekend... been putting both of these off for a while. Finally decided to pull the trigger.

Installing a 2.5" tank lift. Should be simple with subtle results..

Also installing V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes. I've been wanting to do it for a long time.. and found a pretty fair deal on them.

Got some Monster Baffles from Big City Thunder as well. I think they'll help me get that deeper tone I'm looking for.

I have a TTS Mastertune - hoping I don't have to tweak the maps too much.

TNReb

I know you've posted your bike (because I remember liking it).. but I can't recall what your pipes look like. Any pics with the 2-1 pipes?

I think the 2 into 1's look funny on my bike...

TNReb

well.. crap. I ordered the pipes Monday because they said they would ship them out the very next day (Tuesday) and they said I would have them here by Friday. I'm off work tomorrow (Friday), so that was going to work out perfectly.

I emailed them today asking for a tracking number. They sent one an hour later... when I checked, the package was just picked up by FedEx 10 minutes before they emailed me the tracking #!!!

They're scheduled for delivery Monday. GO FIGURE!!!

showmehorns

Nyper said:
I know you've posted your bike (because I remember liking it).. but I can't recall what your pipes look like. Any pics with the 2-1 pipes?

I think the 2 into 1's look funny on my bike...

I went with them for torque and horspower for the upcoming build. AND because every rocker I had ever laid my eyes on, had the BR's on them. Can't say that I've ever seen a Fat-bob with a 2 into 1.

100_7663.jpg

100_7660.jpg

TNReb

Your bike is sweet... love it. The 2-1 looks good on there.

Here's a guy's Fat Bob w/ 2-1 (found this on the HD Forums)... looks ok on his bike since he has the 10" apes and all.. but I think I'm sticking with my bars for now .. and I"m just not crazy about the 2-1 on the FB's.

2011SpringUpgrades020.jpg

TNReb

I pulled the old exhaust off my bike already thinking I would have my new pipes this weekend. I checked the tracking again... now it says they won't be here until Tuesday!

Beautiful day to be riding ... :(

showmehorns

Nyper said:
I pulled the old exhaust off my bike already thinking I would have my new pipes this weekend. I checked the tracking again... now it says they won't be here until Tuesday!

Beautiful day to be riding ... :(

I've done that before....and it sucks. What was the delay in shipping?

TNReb

showmehorns said:
What was the delay in shipping?

They just blatantly lied about when they were going to ship it!!! They didn't get it out until two days after they said they would. Go figure...

TNReb

Titancustoms.com !!

They gave me the best price I could find... And they have told me they would give me a full refund if I would refuse the package but there is nothin to gain by doing that. Oh well... Aggravating, but it's not the end of the world.

showmehorns

Nyper said:
Titancustoms.com !!

They gave me the best price I could find... And they have told me they would give me a full refund if I would refuse the package but there is nothin to gain by doing that. Oh well... Aggravating, but it's not the end of the world.

No, not the end of the world, but at least you know they are full of chit.

showmehorns

Nyper said:
Your bike is sweet... love it. The 2-1 looks good on there.

Here's a guy's Fat Bob w/ 2-1 (found this on the HD Forums)... looks ok on his bike since he has the 10" apes and all.. but I think I'm sticking with my bars for now .. and I"m just not crazy about the 2-1 on the FB's.

2011SpringUpgrades020.jpg

Just sitting here thinking.... If that bike was lowered in the rear and had a few more little changes, that pipe would really start looking like it belongs.

TNReb

What kind of bars are on that one? That look nice. I don't think they're the "usual" 1 1/4" are they? They look fat, like they belong.

I've looked at some similar ones from BR Customs.. but man they're pricey.

TNReb

I'm guessing you don't have them anymore.. but if you do.. let me know if you're interested in selling them.

showmehorns

Nyper said:
I'm guessing you don't have them anymore.. but if you do.. let me know if you're interested in selling them.

I don't even have them yet and your trying to buy them... :grin:

I havent actually ordered them yet, might not until the end of the year.