Weather Saturday

C1295

Thoughts on weather Saturday? Think it's going to be a bust? Thinking about trying Saturday morning. Won't have many more chances and still haven't killed yet this year.

C1295

Saturday evening looks good as rain ends and wind dies down. I really like tomorrow morning, and Sunday all day.
Tomorrow is a no go for me go to work when it's dark get home it's dark.😂I was thinking it was gonna rain all day Saturday? Have they changed it now?

RockMcL

Weather underground shows a very interesting wind shift in my area between 7ish to 10ish. S to W for over an hour to NW with a pressure plateau and even a temp dip 🤔

Gotta think about it but that hour of west wind might get me and a son into a hot hill top that we can never access without blowing out the woods,,,, and leave us in the door with wind in our face to boot.

Ski

Weather underground shows a very interesting wind shift in my area between 7ish to 10ish. S to W for over an hour to NW with a pressure plateau and even a temp dip 🤔

Gotta think about it but that hour of west wind might get me and a son into a hot hill top that we can never access without blowing out the woods,,,, and leave us in the door with wind in our face to boot.

I've got a theory about those wind direction shifts. Noticed that many of the daylight buck pics/vids I'd get on trail cam were taken as the wind was shifting. Didn't know exactly what to think of it at first, just that it was happening. Then it clicked. A deer beds for advantages of safety so they can see, smell, and hear danger approaching. Bucks have an extra layer beyond safety in that they also bed to monitor does. When the wind shifts away from their back, those advantages are lost, thus forcing them to change locations, regardless time of day.

Last edited:

ROVERBOY

I've not hunted this whole week. Work has me wore out some. Working tonight and Tomorrow night but, off Sunday. Need to try this weekend out for sure. I think I know why people do amphetamines. I meant that as a joke. Lol.

Mr.Bro

I like the thought of rain ending by mid morning. Bucks will be up and freshening upthose scrapes.
No guns in the woods, west KY, will be nice also.
I'll be there.

Mescalero

Exactly what I've been thinking. I need to check my local WU forecast, but I'm planning to head in a little bit later in the morning than I normally do (6:30-7am vs normal 5-5:30am). Maybe get less wet and be in the stand when that wind shift occurs.