weather for juvi hunt

buckhunter42

what is everyones thoughts on the cooler weekend the kids are going to be hunting in ......will they still do their thing you all think....

Andy S.

The forecast, overcast damp and cool, is less than ideal for my neck of the woods. I'll be out scouting and listening but do not expect to hear much in the places I am going to. If I do hear some, I expect it to be sporadic gobbling of the limb with little to no gobbling once their feet hit the ground. With that said, if I were guiding a juvenile this weekend, I'd hit the woods in full force regardless of the weather forecast.

whiskey

It's always nicer to get kids out in nice warm weather with fired up vocal birds. Don't think we will be that lucky this weekend. Still hope to score the kid a bird.

TENN.BOY

My nephew killed his 1st turkey maybe 5-6yrs ago on youth turkey hunt and they were gobbling while it was snowing, the pasture field was white when he shot him

woodsman87

Turkeys are crazy. Sometimes they dont gobble good on blue bird mornings, and sometimes they gobble like crazy after the thunder during thunderstorms.

From my personal experience, I think that cooler mornings are better than warm mornings. I like mornings where its below 50, about 40-45, and with a heavy dew. Plus it makes the hunt more enjoyable during the day when it isn't 80 degrees.

Bullfrog

I'd rather have a cool morning over a hot one any day of the week. The most awesome hunt I ever had was in a downright snowstorm

Latest posts