• Help Support TNDeer:

wasps

Fitchj13

What do you guys/gals use to rid box blinds from wasps/hornets?

You would think I was feeding em lately from my blinds. Spraying did no good.

I have bombed em now and put up those Hot Shot No Pest strips. Anyone tried those?

gatodoc

I've had good luck hanging the yellow pest strips early in the summer and also have good results hanging a plastic grocery bag stuffed with newspapers on the stands. I guess its supposed to look like a hornets nest but it seems to work...

Fitchj13

Those No Pest hanging strips did the deal. Zero wasps (other than dead ones) upon return to the ground blind I have set up on a platform and in the box stand.

Real trick will be if these strips will work this spring/summer. I've never had so many wasp issues with stands before this place.

GOHUNT

I used 2 bug bombs in my shooting house to treat these wasps about 6 or 8 weeks ago. Additionally, there was a big nest hanging on the door that I had to spray directly just to be able to treat the others. I pulled these down today. Next year I’ll be putting a fake hornets nest in each shooting house! As you can see, mine were those big red wasps.

Attachments

• F10F7B74-829B-408C-8308-21750819E674.jpeg
    F10F7B74-829B-408C-8308-21750819E674.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 3,757

Big Ben

Make up a few of these and hang both inside and outside the box. Just a lunch size brown paper bag filled with plastic bags. I have the one in the photo hanging from my front porch swing chain and others in and around the box blind. They think it is a hornets nest and stay away. We used to get covered up in wasp until I found this and now we may see a fly by once a week.

Fitchj13

Finally opened up box blinds from last year to clean up. Left those no pest strips in them. Zero wasps or other flying critters in them. Se real dead scattered on the floor.

I'm definitely sold on those.

tellico4x4

Couple of years ago we started hanging medicated cattle ear tags in the houses during the spring. It's not 100%, but I'd say it cut down the wasps by 75%. Drive a nail & hanging a tag doesn't take long.

Omega

Big Ben":26byb6z2 said:
Make up a few of these and hang both inside and outside the box. Just a lunch size brown paper bag filled with plastic bags. I have the one in the photo hanging from my front porch swing chain and others in and around the box blind. They think it is a hornets nest and stay away. We used to get covered up in wasp until I found this and now we may see a fly by once a week.

I heard someone talking about this trick at work, I tried it and it seemed to work, but soon the wind and moist air demolished it. I decided to make a better one, so purchased what I needed and made this out of paper mache. I coated the outside with glue to repel the water.
]

cowhunter71

Get you a pump up sprayer. squirt dish soap in, enough to coat bottom. Fill with water. Spray wasps, fan or stream tip, depending on how close you want to get. They will drop like rocks and die within minutes. They breathe through their backs, exoskeleton(sp). It sufficates them in quick

Tennessee Lead

cowhunter71":gknu87un said:
Get you a pump up sprayer. squirt dish soap in, enough to coat bottom. Fill with water. Spray wasps, fan or stream tip, depending on how close you want to get. They will drop like rocks and die within minutes. They breathe through their backs, exoskeleton(sp). It sufficates them in quick
The first time I soaped em I couldn’t believe what I witnessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specializedjon

Sounds stupid but if you hang a few old CD's in there on fishing string....no wasps. It's the flashing that freaks'em out I guess. I like to watch'em die though...so I'm going the dish soap route

JCDEERMAN

I like to watch'em die though...so I'm going the dish soap route
Call me sick in the head, but I like to watch them die as well. They seek me out and have been known to get me while I'm in the middle of 5-6 people. This has happened numerous times. I've also been stung 3 separate times while sleeping - talk about an alarm clock. Therefore, I like to watch them die.

gatodoc

Hand the yellow “ no pest strips” that come in the foiled pack. Problem over. Fake hornets nests around the stand helps too...

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts