Warm-Weather Rubber Boot

String Music

I need a rubber boot to work in during the hot months. I currently use insulated Muck boots and my feet and shins sweat to death. Any recommendations?

portugeejn

I have a pair of Nat's 1645 steel toe rubber boots purchased from Amazon. Haven't used these a whole lot, but so far I like them so far & the steel toe is a plus for me. I got them because of the steel toes & the no insulation. Don't know how they will hold up long term yet. I thought they had decent reviews.

Last edited:

scn

Is the rubber section snake proof or just the leg area?
According to Lacrosse, the whole boot has been tested with the balloon test with strikes from NA vipers. I feel pretty secure in them. They are very comfortable and light. They don't seem much heavier to me than the Lacrosse Alpha Burley Sports that I have been wearing (with snake gaiters) for 15+ years.
I was impressed by the comfort level.

They are a rubber boot, so your feet will sweat some. But, they aren't insulated, so they felt pretty cool on some hot turkey days.

Rakkin6

Lacrosse Grange have been good to me for turkey and early deer season. I am not a fan of snake boots. I use the turtle skin gaiters instead

Remington700

Lacross Grange is what a lot of people wear here. Do you need them up to your knee? Something shorter would be cooler in the summer.
These are good summer boots. They will still be hot as rubber does not breath. Nothing feels better than walking through a cool creek when you are hot with them on. Almost like a/c on your feet. 🤣

BlackBelt

I wear Stearns camo rubber boots this time of year. They get a bit warm, but they only have the lightest of liners.
I spray DEET on my rubber boots because my land is "tick central station" but they get a little tacky feeling from the DEET. Those ticks laugh at permethrin spray but the DEET repels them very well.
I will check into the Lacrosse. I dont know how they will react to the DEET but I will give them a try.