wanting a range finder HELP

8pointbetter

never had one everybody says you need to buy one but never missed one yet but just now beginning to get the trophies don't want my equipment to let me down any ideas on a good affordable one

In the Cross Hairs

Hey
I have a Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport 450 Rangefinder. It works really well , and it is easier on your wallet then a lot of them out there.
I believe they sell for around 150.00 at Bass Pro. But , I'd say you could find them cheaper on ebay , or a discount hunting supply .

Gravey

I have a Nikon 440 that reads out to 400 yards. Read the fine print on their distances though because mine will read 400 yards but that's on a reflective surface. On cloudy, overcast days it will not read that far. I bought mine primarily for bow hunting but have been using it turkey hunting as well to mark distances to trees around me so I'll know when Mr. Tom steps within 50 yards. I believe they're $199 at Bass Pro.

PDenning25

I have the Bushnell
It works just fine for me
it doesnt have all the bells and whistles the others have like angle of trajectory and see thru rain and all that junk I dont need anyway
My bowshots are less than 30 yards and I dont bow hunt in the rain
Pat

Winchester

I have a Nikon and like it pretty well, I would suggest the small one hand models, much lighter and easier to carry!

FULLDRAWXX75

ask yourself, what do I want it for, archery, gun, both? Location of use? the local back 40 OR the open plains of mid-west? What is the max. yardage I will ever need?
Then go from those criteria's.

I have a Nikon laser 440, it is very easy to us, and good to go out to 437 yds.

I use it for both archery and gun, I hunt in shotgun only areas, here in NY. I scan reference points for yardage, I know my boundries with my 11-87, so anything in those ranges is down.

Mike Belt

I went from a Bushnell to a Leica several years ago. No comparison...Leica hands down. I have the LRF 900 Scan model. I use it for both rifle and archery. I'm apt to take a 500+ yard shot with the rifle so I went with the longer ranging version. I've been using rangers for the last 12 years and it's pretty much standard equipment for me and my style of hunting.

Deer Whisperer

Leica has much better and brighter optics than most. I love my LRF 900. If I was in the market now, I would also look at the Leica LRF 700 PM on sale now for $350 at Cabela's.

I would like to test the binocular/rangefinder combos. If they are bright enough, I would get one just so I could carry one less item into the woods.

voldawg22

Originally posted by tennbassethound:
IF your poor like me, BUSHNELL. I like my YARDAGE PRO TROPHY $150 on ebay.
Have one also, works great, affordable but the only problem is don't keep the battery in it when not using, mine runs down fast...

Food Plot 101

I've got the Bushnell Yardage Po, I mean Pro. Works well enough for me, but do your "ranging" on the ground, not elevated in a tree with lots of branches around, or you'll be disappointed in the performance. I used mine so much in the beginning I very seldom hunt with it now. It "trains" you to be accurate at distances after a while.

Latest posts