VPLEX OR BDC

Jcalder

I recently culled all my bdc and went to a vplex. Having a young hunter I wanted to simplify it as much as possible. Also, in a hunting situation, I just plain wasn't satisfied. I'm to the point I'll either turn turrets or sight my guns in a bit high and cover my range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldfusion

Jcalder":10rqjxpo said:
I recently culled all my bdc and went to a vplex. Having a young hunter I wanted to simplify it as much as possible. Also, in a hunting situation, I just plain wasn't satisfied. I'm to the point I'll either turn turrets or sight my guns in a bit high and cover my range

I'm buying my first good scope and have pickedout the vortex diamondback. I was leaning towards the bdc but started thinking if I really need it, and thought the vplex would be easier to see against the deer in lower light.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jcalder

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HYRGV ... ref=plSrch
This is what I went with. I'm fairly certain the vplex on this model is discontinued but I'm ok with that. If you go with the standard diamondback just know that the eye relief is very short. The HP models helped correct that and are bright. Very pleased. As far as seeing deer, I doubt you'll ever notice any difference between the vplex and bdc. I do prefer a line bdc over the circles like Nikon uses

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

vonb

I'm all about a BDC., whether it's the nikon BDC, EXT or the ballistic plex. However, there is no free lunch. You must chrono your loads and understand what magnification you need to be using in order to match the drop of your bullets. I've made shots out to 500 yards with no drama, 410 yards on deer.

If you think you're going to use factory ammo and a BDC and start making longer first-round hits, continue reading Sports Afield and wearing cotton trousers.

280longshot

I agree with vonb, I like the BDC especially the boone and crockett reticle from Leupold. I got lucky with mine according to the data, it's dead on out to 500 yds on my .280 verified at the range. If I'm hunting woods I just carry my woods rifle with regular duplex.

Coldfusion

So i decided on vplex....and then found bdc version for 40% off so I couldn't resist the price point

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jlanecr500

BDC all the way. It doesn't hurt to have it and it sure comes in handy 200 to 500 yards. Exposed turrets are typically required on a hunting rig if you want to dial for yardage. I'd rather have capped turrets on my hunting rigs and have a BDC scope.

Latest posts