Vortex Binocular Quest

gtk

Staff member
I have a pair of Vortex 10x42 binocs. Absolutely love them. However, in the last year or so I can't get the diopter to adjust enough to get a clear view. I was thinking this was due to a change in my eyes, but I have tried several other brands of binocs and they all seem to adjust well enough.

Think this is just a fluke, or something wrong with binocs? 99.9% sure they haven't been dropped or otherwise abused.

Weegee

I've got a pair of Vortex Diamondbacks. I think the right side has its own focus adjustment, so if yours has that maybe mess with it with your left eye closed. If you can get it focused, then open both eyes and play with the diopter adjustment. My experience with their warranty department is that if you send them something they are just gonna replace it, but that might not always be true.

jfclarktn

Their warranty department is great! I sent in a pair earlier this summer with a small issue and they replaced stuff I didn't even realize needed it. Feels like they're new all over again.

gtk

Staff member
the problem is I can't adjust the diopter enough to get a clear view. even some cheapo binoculars i have let me adjust the diopter enough to get clear pic.

i imagine something has happened to them internally. Scared to send them back this close to hunting season.

gtk

Staff member
Follow up here: I called Vortex and explained the situation, and was truthful in telling them that it may be my eyes, not the binoculars. The customer service rep said, "No, they should perform they way you need them too" and to "send them back, we will make them right".

I sent my Talon 10x42 Binoculars back to Vortex, in about 2 weeks they had them back and functioning perfectly. they adjusted the diopter so i could get a clear picture. They also polished the lens and did some "cleaning/lubricating". It is like owning a new set of binoculars :)

very happy with Vortex customer service.

UCStandSitter

Follow up here: I called Vortex and explained the situation, and was truthful in telling them that it may be my eyes, not the binoculars. The customer service rep said, "No, they should perform they way you need them too" and to "send them back, we will make them right".

I sent my Talon 10x42 Binoculars back to Vortex, in about 2 weeks they had them back and functioning perfectly. they adjusted the diopter so i could get a clear picture. They also polished the lens and did some "cleaning/lubricating". It is like owning a new set of binoculars :)

Some folks have this irrational hate of Vortex but, I've always found them to make excellent products and provide stellar service.

Wrangler95

That is great that Vortex stands behind what they sell!

Omega

I just bought some used vortex binos, and contacted them to see if they sell a case, they not only sent me a case, but a new harness and a vortex cap for free, though the cap may have been due to getting on their vet discount program.

Latest posts