Vols / Dores baseball

Gravey

Game 1 last night was all it was billed to be. UT was down 3-1 going into the bottom of the 9th and ties it at 3 in two solo shots and then wins in a walkoff solo shot in the bottom of the 12th. They had 6 hits and 4 were solo shots to give them a 4-3 win. Game 2 at noon.

Last edited:

PalsPal

Turned on Friday's game in the 8th.

So, I am responsible to TN possibly salvaging their season :D !

I did go to bed after the 10th, so didn't see the win.

Yesterday, we were already up big when I tuned in the radio broadcast coming back from middle TN turkey hunting.

A sweep would be awesome!

Forvols

Got to watch the last 4innings of the 1st game and last 3 innings of the 2nd game. WOW where has that offense been all year, pitching bar is raised also. Looking at the sched before this series, I had wondered if the VOLS would win another SEC series the way they had been playing, but dang...glad to see this and especially against vandy(and them at #4). Sweep would be the icing on the cake.

Spurhunter

Yea that's what was the head scratcher. No contact but they just had to "do something" to let EVERYONE know who is in charge. Especially since it was at home and it was a no harm no foul type situation at the end of a runaway game.
Did I hear the announcers say it was an automatic 4 game suspension or did I dream that?

Spurhunter

That would be correct, you get tossed and it's 4 games and I'm assuming to keep the hotheaded players and coaches in check
That sucks, but I'm sure that eliminates a lot of problems. 4 games is way extreme in this case, but there's no reason to put yourself in that position. Nobody was hurt. Keep your mouth shut and play on.

volboy

That would be correct, you get tossed and it's 4 games and I'm assuming to keep the hotheaded players and coaches in check
I heard the announcer say that and also they referenced the Florida pitcher ejected last week.
I think Moore's is a 1 game suspension.
If it is an every day player they get 1 game.if it is a pitcher then they get 4 games because a 1 game to pitcher does not affect them since they only play about every 4 games or so.
After the game when umps do their report they will note whether it was an egregious act or not
IF the umps say that Moore's act was egregious then he could get more games.

I could be very wrong? But I think that is the rule.

Spurhunter

I heard the announcer say that and also they referenced the Florida pitcher ejected last week.
If it is an every day player they get 1 game.if it is a pitcher then they get 4 games because a 1 game to pitcher does not affect them since they only play about every 4 games or so.
After the game when umps do their report they will note whether it was an egregious act or not

That seems more fair.

Hduke86

That makes sense

Latest posts