Vol news

TeamMainStreet

TeamMainStreet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
5,534
Location
TN
Quentin Dormady will transfer after graduating and J Jennings will be conditionally allowed to return to the team.
 
P

PalsPal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Messages
9,170
Location
TN
I'm very optimistic about the defense.

The offense is a different story, though. It wouldn't surprise me if McBride ends up being the starting QB. Even though JG may be more athletic and have a stronger arm, McBride seemed to have a higher football IQ.

And I see Pruitt being a Saban clone, pre Hurts, as far as the offense not taking many chances to limit turnovers.
 
huntinkev

huntinkev

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
6,397
Location
Humphreys
no surprise about Dormady, him and Butch were close. He's dating Butch's Goddaughter or niece someone of importance to him.
 
nitro_z17

nitro_z17

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2017
Messages
2,000
Location
Crab Orchard, TN
brutal brutal schedule, be patient guys :cool:

Sept. 22 Florida * Knoxville, Tenn.
Sept. 29 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 13 at Auburn * Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 20 Alabama * Knoxville, Tenn.
Oct. 27 at South Carolina * Columbia, S.C.
 
P

PalsPal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Messages
9,170
Location
TN
huntinkev":2saa9gcv said:
no surprise about Dormady, him and Butch were close.

Doubtful. More likely there's still too much of Jones residue left, and he knows this year will be ugly and the QB will still be running for his life. So, he is actually pretty smart to transfer, sit out a year, albeit NOT getting injured, and then roll in to 2019.

Wish him well.
 
P

PalsPal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Messages
9,170
Location
TN
Plus, word is he was told that he might be better off to move on.
 
L

leader

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
15,326
Location
Knox
PalsPal":2pthmh8c said:
huntinkev":2pthmh8c said:
no surprise about Dormady, him and Butch were close.

Doubtful. More likely there's still too much of Jones residue left, and he knows this year will be ugly and the QB will still be running for his life. So, he is actually pretty smart to transfer, sit out a year, albeit NOT getting injured, and then roll in to 2019.

Wish him well.

Graduate transfer, won't have to sit out....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
B

buckaroo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
5,078
Location
easttennessee
If he was told best to move on, maybe the new q.v. coming in fits system better
 
P

PalsPal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Messages
9,170
Location
TN
leader":209z7n3l said:
Graduate transfer, won't have to sit out....

Forgot about that. That's an even better situation for him, assuming he can win the job.
 
E

elknturkey

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 31, 2015
Messages
761
nitro_z17":3oxxwrzz said:
brutal brutal schedule, be patient guys :cool:

Sept. 22 Florida * Knoxville, Tenn.
Sept. 29 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 13 at Auburn * Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 20 Alabama * Knoxville, Tenn.
Oct. 27 at South Carolina * Columbia, S.C.
Pff some guys on vol nation are saying 9-3 easy :). I think the qb situation is a toss up. Jg is obviously the better athlete but not sure he's the better qb. None of the 3 impressed me. The o line was so pitiful tho I'm not sure anyone would have done well

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
P

PalsPal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Messages
9,170
Location
TN
elknturkey":avvhmec9 said:
Pff some guys on vol nation are saying 9-3 easy :).

Every team has their idiots!

I'm going to predict McBride. Very serviceable, and took the beatings better. And, if I'm right, we may re-visit my prediction when that happens :D !
 
PillsburyDoughboy

PillsburyDoughboy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2013
Messages
7,892
Location
Tn
nitro_z17":fwdzbtkb said:
brutal brutal schedule, be patient guys :cool:

Sept. 22 Florida * Knoxville, Tenn.
Sept. 29 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 13 at Auburn * Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 20 Alabama * Knoxville, Tenn.
Oct. 27 at South Carolina * Columbia, S.C.

Don’t forget Kentucky and Vanderbilt late in the season .




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
rem270

rem270

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Nov 15, 2002
Messages
34,421
Location
NW TN
elknturkey":e53bfelt said:
nitro_z17":e53bfelt said:
brutal brutal schedule, be patient guys :cool:

Sept. 22 Florida * Knoxville, Tenn.
Sept. 29 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 13 at Auburn * Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 20 Alabama * Knoxville, Tenn.
Oct. 27 at South Carolina * Columbia, S.C.
Pff some guys on vol nation are saying 9-3 easy :). I think the qb situation is a toss up. Jg is obviously the better athlete but not sure he's the better qb. None of the 3 impressed me. The o line was so pitiful tho I'm not sure anyone would have done well

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
They could go 0-12 and the next year fans are saying "this is our year". I see a 6-6 or 7-5 maybe.
 
E

elknturkey

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 31, 2015
Messages
761
Yep I see 6-6 7-5. Loses to WVU, FL, GA, AUB, BAMA, USC. Vandy being a toss up and the rest wins

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
TeamMainStreet

TeamMainStreet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
5,534
Location
TN
EastTNHunter":2c8v42kr said:
Who’s the new OC?


Offensive coordinator/QBs-Tyson Helton
Running backs-Robert Gillespie
Wide receiver-David Johnson
Offensive line-Will Friend
Tight Ends-Brian Niedemyer
Defensive coordinator-Kevin Sherrer
Defensive line-Tracy Rocker
Outside linebacker-Chris Rumph
Cornerbacks-Terry Fair
Safties/Special teams-Charles Kelly
Strength & Conditioning-Craig Fitzgerald 
 
EastTNHunter

EastTNHunter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
7,475
Location
Rhea Co., TN
TeamMainStreet":367p0dze said:
EastTNHunter":367p0dze said:
Who’s the new OC?


Offensive coordinator/QBs-Tyson Helton
Running backs-Robert Gillespie
Wide receiver-David Johnson
Offensive line-Will Friend
Tight Ends-Brian Niedemyer
Defensive coordinator-Kevin Sherrer
Defensive line-Tracy Rocker
Outside linebacker-Chris Rumph
Cornerbacks-Terry Fair
Safties/Special teams-Charles Kelly
Strength & Conditioning-Craig Fitzgerald 

I’m very familiar with several of those coaches, and really feel that a great staff has been assembled. I’m not familiar with Tyson Helton, though. What kind of a system does he run, and what is his background?

BTW, Vols fans will love Tracy Rocker and Kevin Sherrer
 
TeamMainStreet

TeamMainStreet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
5,534
Location
TN
EastTNHunter":38k5aq4f said:
TeamMainStreet":38k5aq4f said:
EastTNHunter":38k5aq4f said:
Who’s the new OC?


Offensive coordinator/QBs-Tyson Helton
Running backs-Robert Gillespie
Wide receiver-David Johnson
Offensive line-Will Friend
Tight Ends-Brian Niedemyer
Defensive coordinator-Kevin Sherrer
Defensive line-Tracy Rocker
Outside linebacker-Chris Rumph
Cornerbacks-Terry Fair
Safties/Special teams-Charles Kelly
Strength & Conditioning-Craig Fitzgerald 

I’m very familiar with several of those coaches, and really feel that a great staff has been assembled. I’m not familiar with Tyson Helton, though. What kind of a system does he run, and what is his background?

BTW, Vols fans will love Tracy Rocker and Kevin Sherrer

Clay Heltons brother and was his passing game coordinator/QB coach.

Was also Jeff Brohms OC when he was at WKU.

From what I hear, more of a Pro Style, vertical passing game, uses fullback some. I feel like it is a pretty substantial staff. Im just looking forward to some no BS, disciplined football.
 
EastTNHunter

EastTNHunter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
7,475
Location
Rhea Co., TN
Pruitt won’t put up with a lot of crap, but he doesn’t get into hand holding and head petting of boosters, either. That may be difficult for some big names that run the show in Knoxville to stomach, as they are used to pandering and politics. I know a couple people who are in the know up there and some boosters are feeling slighted right now for not getting to call the shots. That’s why I think that Fulmer was the right call for y’all at AD... whether he is a good long term AD remains to be seen.
 
PillsburyDoughboy

PillsburyDoughboy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2013
Messages
7,892
Location
Tn
EastTNHunter":2m9r70me said:
Pruitt won’t put up with a lot of crap, but he doesn’t get into hand holding and head petting of boosters, either. That may be difficult for some big names that run the show in Knoxville to stomach, as they are used to pandering and politics. I know a couple people who are in the know up there and some boosters are feeling slighted right now for not getting to call the shots. That’s why I think that Fulmer was the right call for y’all at AD... whether he is a good long term AD remains to be seen.

My bet is Pruitt will LEarn really quick to hold hands or he will be writing in the chalkboard I will work well and play well with others 1 gazillion times on the chalkboard at FAU


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Similar threads

Wrangler95
2 3 4
Replies
67
Views
5K
P
P
Replies
8
Views
1K
darn2ten
darn2ten
TreyB
Replies
2
Views
445
BamaProud
BamaProud
P
Replies
8
Views
911
PalsPal
P
P
Replies
16
Views
2K
TreyB
TreyB
Top