Vol Fans

Spurhunter

How do you think the basketvols will do this year? Julian Phillips is going to be a FORCE even as a freshman. Vescovi and Zeigler are solid guards. Key looks pretty good. There is no doubt JJJ can play. I just don't know about the bigs. I don't see them being world beaters but I think they will have a good season and be fun to watch.

Spurhunter

Haven't seen them yet but didn't they lose pretty big to Colorado last week?
Yeah. Lost by 12. They beat Butler tonight and play USC tomorrow at 130 ET. They kinda remind me of the teams from the last couple years so far. If the outside shooters are hot, they can play with anybody, but if not the inside game isn't going to keep them in it.

PalsPal

If the outside shooters are hot, they can play with anybody,

^This^

Live and die by the 3. Vescovi is so streaky.

The inside defense can be good.

But, it's going to take a while to get the new pieces adjusted to their roles, so they should improve as the season goes along.

James has to have one of the weakest college resumes for a 5 star coming out of high school. He can be solid, but he just hasn't shown the "Give Me the ball and I'll score" mentality that you would expect.

Be nice if we'd catch fire come tourney time, but not likely. But, by that time we'll be turning our attention to baseball to see how TV is going to replace his whole starting lineup .

K-dub

They'll go as far as Barnes lets them. They've had crazy talent the past few years and he won't leave 5 in to get comfortable and play. Never liked his "Upward Basketball " everyone plays mentality. Find 7-8 and play em till they drop. We have 8 guys that could be really good players but he just won't leave the roster alone.

Displaced_Vol

I don't expect this team to be as good as the past few years but I don't know. It'll depend on JJJ & Santi being able to carry the load IMO. I love Zakai but it'll be different for him without Kennedy Chandler on the team also. Like others have said I just don't know how much consistent production we can expect out of Uros & Olivier.

If everybody plays up to their potential then they absolutely have the capability of making a run, of course recent tournament performances leave a lot to be desired.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
1669309806194.gif

Grandslam11

Basketball is so hard to tell. Winning the SEC last year was a big deal in a great conference. Recruiting is going well. Still can't believe Texas let him go. They have played great in the second halfs of this Bahamas tournament and to do without JJJ is impressive. The North Carolina game tomorrow will tell us how we can handle a good post player.

SC Manimal

Basketball is so hard to tell. Winning the SEC last year was a big deal in a great conference. Recruiting is going well. Still can't believe Texas let him go. They have played great in the second halfs of this Bahamas tournament and to do without JJJ is impressive. The North Carolina game tomorrow will tell us how we can handle a good post player.
Yep that's gonna tell a lot.

THEdonkey0515

They play 3Kansas

Latest posts